Not too long ago, I bought Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 for my photos and have been spending the last couple of months learning it and I like it.

Today I found out that version 7 is coming out in a week or twos time. And that if I want to upgrade it will cost about 75% of the cost of buying it new again. Seems Adobe have some 2 month period after announcing a new version where you can get a free upgrade, but I'm just going to miss that.

Perhaps I should have researched more, but I wanted the software then. And even though I'm sure version 7 won't be soo much better, it is still annoying to suddenly be out of date so to speak.

Just wanted to get that off my chest.

Interesting that Adobe have a 2 month period as above, but is that period enough and is it fair?

:(

Adobe also give trials which is really good.

Sometimes the changes are small sometimes pretty core. I thought that Photoshop Elements 6 was much better than version 5. Don't know what they have planned for the new version 7.

I have used Photoshop Elements 4 for a while and was about to buy version 6 a few months ago but heard that 7 was out soon. So held back and will get 7 next week when it is out (with Premier Elements). Fairly cheap, so looking forward to that.