For those of you out there making PDF files, what software do you use for making them from Word and Excel files? Until now I have used the free download that is an add-in for W and E, but I was wondering what might be good to get if I want something better?  (Budget is about 1 yen).

Thanking you so muchly.

mate,

Usually pseudo-random generated and embedded in the code of the CD. Otherwise they'd have to do an individual Cd for each code. Part of the installation code checks that the code input was a "reasonable" guess of the right code.

If you have NFI of the structure of the code, you'd spend years trying to manually guess the combination that allowed you to use the product. If you know one code, you MIGHT be able to work out the structure of the generic structiure of the code (but it'd prolly take you a couple of weeks with a seriously powerful computer to work out the structure).

gg,

NFI, but I suspect it will be more difficult that the word -> pdf thing simply because the pdf is a page description format (hence the name) and describes the page by specifying where the printer is to place the black dots we know as toner or ink spots.

To translate this into a word file would require some method of recognising the form of the dots and, for example, seeing that a given shape is an "a". OK, you could scan the thing and use OCR, but I doubt (prepared to be wrong, here) that most OCR will work on pdfs, they seem to prefer image files, like jpg or bmp.

Anyone else??

Able2DocPro. It can convert a PDF file of a clean printed document pretty well. I converted a 25 page document earlier this year using the trial version (one page at a time!) and then put them all together. It didn't need that much cleaning up, I was quite impressed. If I needed that doing much I'd buy that.