Hakuba- Long term accommodation help+ plus past japan pics

Hi everyone!

After much deliberation, i and three other friends have decided to spend the ski season at Hakuba to get some of the steep stuff everyones been talking about.

We have sorted a car which is sweet. However next on the check list is accommodation. We are looking prefereably for self contained accommodation, rather than your backpacker or more costly hotel style.

We have tried a few english friendly realestate sites however had no luck.

We have had one quote however.... a small cabin ~ $125 each a week. not bad but very small.

Past experiences?

Could we sort accommodation when we are there from a real estate agency easily?

Any help would be great.

Cheap is better

Cheers Flynn

+ here are a couple of photos from a Hokkaido trip last year

IMG_1590.jpg

IMG_1612.jpg

IMG_1586.jpg

IMG_1581.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

• SnowJapan Moderator

Hello Rice and welcome.

I would recommend contacting some of the Places to stay listings on our site - there are more self-catering options available of late and if they are not able to help you directly then I am sure some of the friendlier ones will be able to help out.

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/hotel/index.html

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/hotel/hakuba-nagano-accommodation.html

Just one comment regarding the "can you please tell us of some websites" request in a first post.... if you read the guidelines you agreed to when joining these forums you'll see that we (terrible, evil, etc spoilsports that we are) are not mad keen on that so please keep that in mind. (I'm not going to get into the discussion, but if you read all the guidelines you will get an idea of where we are coming from).

Thanks and best of luck.

smile

Holy crap those are some nice pics... powder to drown in.

I'm thinking of doing the same thing, but don't have the luxury of mates to share an apartment with. If you find something that has a spare room, give me a shout and maybe I can help keep the bills down for a month or two.

What dates are you planning to go for?

2,000 yen a day doesn't sound too bad if thats with bills. The longer you leave it, the higher the probability of others filling places up. Others includes lots of Japanese kids, of course.

How have you sorted the car? Is one of your group in Japan already?

Cheers for the replies!

The place i mentioned we actually found through the accommodation listings on the site.

The price doesn't include utilities- however i'm starting to think thats a good price.

Just wanted to check around and see what was available and see if it was possible/easy to go through local real estate agent.

Reform, we will be there from late december to end of the season. For sure i'll let you know if we find somewhere and we need more rent payers.

M Wiggles, my aunty lived in Hiroshima and has just left and left her car for us. So we will swing through and pick it up. It should a good roadie. It took us ages to get the paper work sorted.

The last photo is from Rusutsu... I was impressed so i took the pick. It was such a good trip.

Cheers Flynn

hi there,

i'm also tought to do the dame things and go to hakuba this season, but it's seems that it to expensive to find a place for long term.

i found a cheap place in naeba but i'm not sure i want to be there for the all season.

well , if anyone have a nice place in hakuba and want's to share , please drop me a line

see you

Hakuba has become the next thing so... hint hint Look for the new lodges popping up that will give you a good rate for a month.

I give 8 people max a good rate because I was a ski bum.

Those slots were grabbed 3 months ago.

do you have any names of them.

i have been looking so much (also on snowjapan website) and all i found it's very expensive for me. i used to rent a room in sharing accomadation ( not sharing room) in whistler and it cost me 600$ for a month. i'm looking for something like this in hakuba. if you have any information, please let me know.

thanks again

well , of course all this places are expensive because they are HOTLES. i'm looking to rent a room in a familly house or in share accomadation house (not in hotle/backpackers/pensions...) after all i'm not going for a week time . i was wondering to know if there is something like that in hakuba or that i can find there just hotles,pensions...

thank again .

hello I own a lodge in hakuba so bare that in mind. I have closed my long term bookings for the season, I cap it at eight max.

Pm me and I can give you info most of which you can get from this sight anyways. but maybe it can help you save time.

Hey Fattwins.

Thanks again for the post and the help.

i have tried to send you a PM, but for some reason the web doesn't let me send it.

well, as i said , i have tried to find a long term accomadation, something that i can live and feel that it's my home for 3-4 months and not some place that i need to share room with people that come and go every 2 days, but i couldn't get any (unless i pay 2000$ for a month or something like that).

well any help will be very welcome. sorry i can't send you a PM.

ofer

Originally Posted By: Fattwins
hello I own a lodge in hakuba so bare that in mind. I have closed my long term bookings for the season, I cap it at eight max.

Pm me and I can give you info most of which you can get from this sight anyways. but maybe it can help you save time.

Damn, I was about to write to the powder lodge then realised you were the owner... let me know if any of your prebookings pull out as I'm in the market for a long-term lodging ie 1 or 2 months from january.