matsuri, fireworks, beers, yatai (food vendors) – It has been a while, maybe 2 years or more since I have seen fireworks here. Last year BP and I were in Shikoku during some of the major Kansai matsuri. But, managed to go with friends last night to 天神祭り (Tenjinn matsuri) near Sakuranomiya (between Umeda and Kyobashi) and we saw the fireworks there from the bridge. We had a brilliant time and the firework displays were sweet!! I am thinking of going to PL (Kansai’s biggest firework display) next week with them again. Matsuri sure make for nice dates don’t they? biggrin

The breeze last night was nice, so it kept the humidity down to a tolerable 75% ( lol ) and the beers sure helped cool us off, too. I didn’t bring my camera so no pics of the fireworks unfortunately, but if I go to PL, then will try to get some taken.

Anybody else see any fireworks yet? Kansai people, anybody planning on going to PL? Think it’s the 1st…but am not 100% sure.

Shizawa ones here last week.

I just wish they made it more compact rather than drag it out over 90 minutes. 20 minutes of madness would be much more impressive than one at a time.

I do like fireworks though they are cool. (But be careful kids).

New Year and Australia Day I can see lots of fireworks from my house - also Perth Royal Show week in September/October.

The Showgrounds are not far from my home and they have foreworks every night of the show - and we can watch them from our 2nd story balcony...we miss the low ones - but that is OK.

I like fireworks.

Have you been to Nebuta yet Aomorigum? The festival itself is nice, but quite overrated in my book. But, if you havent, go check out Kanto in Akita! Wicked festival. The nicest thing about all the matsuri up there, is your summer weather is magic. Ahhhhh, what I wouldnt give to be up in Tohoku right now...Id imagine drinking a few beers and watching fireworks from your balcony would beat pushing and shoving through thens of thousands. That was mad. Gion the other week was worse as there is no wind in Kyoto - bonchi sucks.

Ah, the fireworks and festivals. I haven't been missing Japan so far, but hearing you talk about that makes me wish I could go to some CB smile I love them. Wandering around outside with a beer and the yatai food (kara-age and furai poteto! lol )... Gotta love it! Loved doing that with BPG, especially with her in her yukata thumbsup