is in effect! We went to our first 飲ã¿æ”¾é¡Œ tonight and went out to Kyoto Stn to the Miyako Hotel. I was so happy at first to find out they didnt serve Asahi, and super stoked to find out they had Ebisu black on tap!! clap cheers groovy Food was better than I thought, too. Or is food at these places actually been improving over the years. Anybody else feel theyre getting better and better? Some places in the past have been so dodgy that I have avoided the food and stuck to liquid diet. Anyways, Ebisu on tap, my åŒç´šç”Ÿ from last year and I went and drank like fish, cool breeze, all in all not a bad night - but right now the song "I think Im turning Japanese I think Im turning Japanese I really think so" is spinnin ominously in the back of my mind... shifty

Anybody in Kansai, I recommend the Miyako Hotel behind Kyoto Stn for good beer and decent food.

飲ã¿æ”¾é¡Œ days: 1 biggrin

Thurs, I think its one of the nicest mass-produced beers here in Japan, but most likely wouldnt buy it overseas (at least not as much as I buy it here). Have never drank that at a beer garden so Im quite psyched and now have one place Ill recommend. Only 1 more month before Im home and drinking some quality micro brews!! party

Japan needs more Beer Gardens, we have the weather for it!!

The beach bars have opened now at Enoshima and although they are expensive, its just great to sit and relax and drink an ice cold beer at the beach.

that says a lot when you say "we have the weather for it" when previously it would certainly have been "they have the weather for it"

Cold beers on the beach or by the pool makes for a rather nice weekend cheers

It sure does Thurs!! Cold beer on a hot summer's day goes together so well!!!

I guess it is a statement of intent, I have no plans to return to Scotland to live so for now at least Japan is home thumbsup

Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
"I think Im turning Japanese I think Im turning Japanese I really think so" is spinnin ominously in the back of my mind... shifty

Yes, I think you are mate. You will know that you are when you get home and start jumping up and down with joy when your mates ask you to come to a beer garden.. will prolly be in a back yard!

I was thinking also when you enjoy and look forward to drinking with cowokers shifty

I have just started at looking for a mansion to buy, or a house. Since Im single I dont know if I really wanna invest in a house right now (I know there are long term advantages). I do want, at the minimum a 3LDK, with a nice big veranda out back where I can have a grill, some chairs, a table, parasol, etc smile Seems most are either towards the city...I might have to fork out more for a brand new place and try to get a penthouse groovy

Originally Posted By: ger
Just say the title and thought "that's gotta be CB's thread". Another reason why summer rocks cheers

lol yeah, well - I enjoy good alcohol cheers I wouldnt have started this other than for the fact that they had Ebisu cheers You hitting Kansai anytime this month?

yes, ask FT, he only drinks shite happo(o)shu...seems many a people just wanna get drunk on the cheapest shite out there... even Ewok drinks better beer than him! Ive always enjoyed drinking with her more than FT, she has much better taste in alcohol cheers

Sounds like a poll to me, what kind of alcohol do you like...

I prefer the cheapest shite to get drunk on

I dont care, would rather get drunk than spend much money

blah blah blah

Thurs, make a new poll ya worthless "#$%!&%"$!% horse biggrin

Yeah, I like quality too. In the summer though, M-chan likes the green label kirin light happoshu and I actually don't mind it myself this time of year. Refreshing when it's really hot.

I might be down in Kansai soon. There seems to be stuff happening (work related stuff) periodically on the weekends in Kansai. It would be good to go for a beer.

I can't get into drinking at Beer gardens, or even drinking out in Japan. Y600 for shit beer and that shit service surcharge all adds up to big bill for just shit. In my area, i cant find any cheap nights. When i lived in America, damm hell, every bar had some special going on at least once a week.

Here, i have all the time in the world to drink mid week but not the same bank roll. I drink out maybe once a month. Im just not prepared to pay Y600 a beer when i can go to thailand once a year for a month and drink great beer for $1.

However I have found a nomi-houdai directly across the road from Nagano station if anyone comes up here. Its called Tengu, written in kanji. Its 1 1/2 hours drinking time for 1,500 yen. They claim its 2 hours but its 30mins less after you figure out their service rules. If you want to get wasted its the best place for it. I think its sapporo plus the usual spirits, mixed drinks, wine and sake.

I think bars here are for people who get paid relively well but have no time to spend it. In other words they dont mind getting anal raped because they know they wont have anytime to spend their money anyway. Its all pretty lame in my opinion.

Matt

Already been out to a few around my local area, not quite stifling hot yet so it is great to sit out and sink a few frosties.

Also found some great outdoor restaurants neat where I work at the moment in Tokyo. Al fresco dining is definitely the wat forward!

I drink good beer when I want to cb. It is jsut that I cant give a crap really. I buy highlands in the 20 pack 500ml bottles. Cb buy somewhere that you will make money. Kansai wont make you money.

I like the beer gardens near yasaka shrine cb. That said nithing beats a beer with a view and my view beats the kyoto tower!