Are rising prices affecting your shopping/lifestyle?

Time for some panic shopping at Cosco?

I've noticed its horrificly crowded there the last few times I've been. I actually decided last time never to go back after getting my ankles nearly broke by an old women not watching her cart, and wanting to attack a bunch of yakuza who were in there trying to push queues and knock people out the way. Also the diet coke ran out after waiting 5mins in line.

Originally Posted By: Mr Wiggles
In Hakuba, the big blocks of cheese that used to be in the supermarkets have all disappeared. It used to be 1000 yen for a kilo of mild European cheese like Samsoe and Maribo. You can't even get it online at that price anymore. So we don't eat as much cheese.

Loads of other things are going up too, but that and petrol are the ones that are really noticable. We've just moved and our new place doesn't use kero, but if it did, I bet we'd notice that too.

People who commute by car in Hokkaido or Tohoku, use kero for heating, and earn inaka wages must be really feeling it.

Same here, used to be able to buy a kilo block of cheddar for 800 yen, now its 1700 yen for the same block!! unbelieveable!!

They're saying another 8.1 yen on regular from next month, i.e., Tuesday. That means, cue Tony Green, ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY!

Classic brainfade on this one.

I've noticed big bags of cheese don't seem available now. Wonder why all that lot is.

Now if only my salary would increase at the same rate.