Cool.

(Hope aliens don't come and mistake it for Jenga).

1c24738341a77781e120b35d596db876.jpg

The rotation takes up to 3 hours (so you're not always spilling your coffee), and gets power from photovoltaic solar cells and 79 wind turbines, one located between each floor. The system is meant to create enough energy to power to the entire tower and still have juice to spare for some surrounding buildings. According to Fisher, two of these $700 million futuristic scrapers are planned so far, one each in Dubai and Moscow. They will be built using a truly radical technique.

Construction on the Dynamic Tower will be unlike anything that preceded it. The only part of the tower built on site will be the skinny center core. It is strong enough to hold the floors in place, and will contain the building's elevators, which transport people and cars right to their door. Each floor will be made piece by piece in a factory in Italy—a throwback to Fisher's previous life in prefabricated bathroom design—and placed onto the core using a lift system. With this method, each story is completed in about six days. By comparison, traditional ground-up methods can take six weeks per floor.

Groundbreaking for Dynamic Towers in Dubai and Moscow is expected to happen in the fall, with construction reaching completion by the end of 2010.

Originally Posted By: Weegeoff
Originally Posted By: thursday.
by the way, those cars didn't move for 3 hours

I agree it must be a fake thumbsdown

If groundbreaking isn't expected to start until later this year, how do you reckon they got the pic?? Architects dream up this sort of thing all the time, to try to sell the concept to people before the plans even get drawn.

I think it's way cool.

Though how indeed green it is, I don't know - seems they are claiming it is very much so.

thursday - it's just totally obvious to anyone that those photos were taken at exactly the same time on each day, therefore the same cars are commuting to work. Silly.

Looking like giant jenga is point enough.

Other points I believe are:

- getting cool views

- generating power = green

- getting lots and lots of publicity

There may be others

Originally Posted By: @tokyo

thursday - it's just totally obvious to anyone that those photos were taken at exactly the same time on each day, therefore the same cars are commuting to work. Silly.

I can just admire the discipline of these motorists. Well done folks.

It would be cool if it can rotate to max exposure to its solar panels or wind turbines. Its probably just for show though.

Looks like a nightmare for abseiling window cleaners though!