I am constantly looking for new ideas for cocktails, shots and beers for my guests, and i am curious what your favorite drink is.

My favorites are

Red wine

Beer

Gin Tonic.

Do you have any recipies you want to share?

i have found a good shop who is willing to import lots of interesting stuff.

drinksmixer is a good site to get inspiration anyway.

thunder, Id imagine where you are, especially cuz its quite hot, white wine would be nicer? Red is my favorite for sure, but I dont drink it in warm/hot weather. Some nice whites would be nice for guests Id imagine.

gin/tonics are wonderful. As simple a drink as it is, its amazing how many people/bars just cant make a good one.

sex on the beach - a very nice drink with as many varations as there are positions.

moscow mule - refreshing like G&Ts

How bout getting some Heartland beer - think it was bought out by Kirin but still a nice refreshing beer. Ginga Kogen is lovely too (especially the white can).

Margaritas, daiquiris, and pina coladas mate - love em. We used to have big margarita parties in uni too. So easy to have a few blenders going making several pitchers worth at a time.

More than anything, if I was a customer, I wouldnt want to drink crap alcohol. Nothing worse than bars/restaurants serving crap liquor. Id rather pay a bit more for something that tastes good. Thats just my 2 yen worth. Hope to get down there sometime too. Put up a TR for us mate.

The former owner of my place sometimes used already opened, day old soda (tonic) for his drinks, you would get a semi-dead drink

What makes a Gin Tonic bad in your opinion Creek Boy?

White wine never did it for me, i can drink red wine any time of year.

Creek Boy, i will put some kind of Tanegashima Tr up in a not too distant future

Mohito, that is the 2. time today somebody has mentioned that one, that is going on the menu, thanks smile

Ezorisu, i have my garden full of mint thanks but my landlord just sprayed roundup all over, so it is suffering a bit, but it is slowly recovering

Stemik, long island ice tea is taken to a new level at my bar, i have 600ml high glasses to serve a mega long island ice tea.

Absinthe is another interesting drink, here is a fun way to serve it:

pour 30 ml 7up into a whiskey glass with 3-4 ice cubes

pour 30 ml of absinthe into a shot glass, set it on fire and let it burn for 5-8 sec.

pour the burning absinthe into the whiskey glass and put the shot glass up side down on the table. when the fire is out, put a straw under the glass, inhale the fumes. have fun smile

Carlsberg, Beck's and Asahi nama

Suntory just stopped importing the other major danish brand Tuborg, so that one is out now, hate that :(

i made a nice cocktail today, 30 ml Schoshu 30 ml Passoa (passion fruit liqueur) fill Collins glass with soda or even better use Tonic!

Carlsberg is nice but asahi slap IMO thats Japans worse mass produced beer. I guess its Asahi which imports Carlsberg then?

What makes a bad G&T? I havent bartended since uni but maybe the balance of the two? Sounds pretty stupid, but I have drunk so many pisspoor to average G&Ts here. Alcohol quality maybe? Tonic bottles that have been opened for hours and gone flat? I dunno really. Order that a good bit as its quite refreshing, but always find myself thinking why cant people make good G&Ts? Maybe the rest of their drinks are crap too so I switch to something else.

Long Islands....ohhhhh, yummy!

Carlsberg sucks. I don't like it at all, just reminds me of all the flat beer that you get in Student Unions. Asahi is good, but I prefer Saporro.

I tried Kona beer the other night, wasn't too bad.

Coopers Pale is a good beer from Aus, I used to be able to get it at my local Pizza shop, but he then up sticks and moved his shop to Yokosuka! sadface Apparently he got it from Costco

Carlsberg is a good beer, nothing special but it has a good aftertaste and is easy to drink a lot of. What makes it special to me is that Carlsberg is from my home country, for that reason alone i can sell many of them.

i don't care too much for Asahi but i got the beer server for free from the local beer pusher in return for buying nama from him. i can get cheaper beer in the next town but since this is a small place i have to stay on good terms with beer-pusher Hamazaki-san. that is the way to do things in a small town (so i was told)

Asahi sells well but profit on nama is shit, i'd rather serve cocktails.

A jagermeister and redbull, either as a long drink or as a jagerbomb (drop shotglass full of jager into a tall glass containing half a can of red bull). scrumptious and gets ya going for the nite

Originally Posted By: Thunderpants

Asahi sells well but profit on nama is shit, i'd rather serve cocktails.

That's beer in Japan for you. Punters still moan even though you make nothing off it.

If your bar ever gets really busy, don't put shaken cocktails on the menu. Or if you do, charge more for them. They are too much trouble for cheap and cheerful bars.

I don't know what you're aiming for with your bar, but if you want to be cool like Fonzie, I reckon ditch most of the imported stuff and go hardcore local. They're big boozers in Kyushu and Okinawa, so there's plenty to play with. All those great Kyushu shochus and awamori and fruit coming out your arse almost. So get the kids off chemical crap like Zima and give them shochu with sanpincha (Okinawan jasmine tea), mikan or mango juice, seequassa (sp??) or wild papaya if you can find it, unrefined sugar (kokuto) or even sugar cane juice. Some of the Chinese grog (keikachinshu etc) is good in mixes too, if a bit low in alcohol. You could probably use them to take the heat off awamori. Just experiment and see what happens.

I don't know about Calsburg, but if you can get hold of some decent Danish bacon, you'll blow them away!

J-bomb is on the menu already smile but one can og red bull here is 275 yen!!

i also serve Surfer On Acid

15 ml jagermeister

15 ml Malibu

15 MB pineapple juice

a nice shot for the girls, not too strong and it smells like surf wax smile

This town has too many shochu serving places here, of course i have a few brands, but it is not really where i want to go. most of my guests come for some thing different than the regular izakaya experience, they want shaken cocktails with umbrella when they come to my place, they want to get some international flavor. i am going to get as much exotic imported booze as i can fit into my place.

i

But i am going to take your advice on the fresh juice drinks. i think that will do really good. my landlord has a small passion fruit farm, and i was told by my friend that a fresh passion fruit make a great "cup"

anything danish seem to sell well, maybe i should find some of that danish antibiotics filled bacon.

one more thing Mr Wiggles, i do need to know what music you are listening to these days