• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

• SnowJapan Admin

Time for another Forum poll.... do you use My Calendar (seen on the right hand side of the Forums under the Photo of the Moment).

Please do take part.

Thank you!

• SnowJapan Admin

I just noticed, even though you can still put Private events on the calendar, it doesn't list them.... perhaps we should have that on there, perhaps at the bottom of the list....

Hmmm, that is interesting.. Didn't there used to be a multiple choice for event type?

Disabled for lack of use?, or abuse?

Calendars are great for group events, info etc, when organizing social events, but the info needs to always be "in your face" (ie, a module/plugin position), to remind you (allowing users to hide this block is also good).

If there are no negatives to using the calendar, then I personally would leave it, although, I would definitely disable viewing if you are not registered...

What's the plan SJF, thinking of abandoning it?

• SnowJapan Admin

The top link to the Calendar will always be there. We are not considering getting rid of that.

The functionality has not changed, so nothing has been disabled Domokun.

The question on the poll was the the My Calendar box on the right hand side - it takes up space and right now it is not switch on/off-able by individual members and so we have to either have it set on or off.

Take a look at the poll - apart from little response it is almost overwhelmingly 'don't care'.

By the way it does not appear if you are not logged in.

Very good point, but hence my saying "it needs to be in your face".

I use MS Sharepoint on our intranet @ the moment, and I love it when I see my "events list", or "tasks list" linked to calendars, it helps me remember to do things.

but, i guess for the sake of here, yeah, removing it from the page decreases page load time/DB queries, and cleans the page...

and yeah, most people don't care..

all good...

• SnowJapan Admin

It doesn't 'deserve' to be right near the top, especially with so few people apparently using it.

Anyhow, it is shown on every single page of the site, so it's hardly hidden if people want to use it.

• SnowJapan Admin

That's right, taking up that space.

We're going to look into the possibility of making it an option to display. But that will have to be 'later'!

In the meantime, dance

calendar between member list and active topics,

more colors might be nice.

for instance birth days are red and forum topics are orange.

oh. and special color for those over 70 years old. wink

domokun, u r always invited to my party. cheers