POLL - Chat Box / Statistics on the left or the right?

Do you like this poll?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

• SnowJapan Admin

As you can see, we have moved the Chat Box and Forum Statistics from the right hand side of the screen to the left.

There are a few reasons for this including the fact that when it was on the right at times it got pushed off the side of the screen when a large photo was posted and a few other coding issues. It also makes for a change.

But the change is easy to undo and we can quite easily put that lot back on the right hand side.

So, we'd like a bit of feedback on that. Which do you prefer, left or right? Give it a bit of time before voting perhaps to get used to it.

Thank you.

• SnowJapan Admin

It is currently a universal on/off unfortunately. We are looking into the being able to make that an individual preference setting, which would be best. Please wait a bit as we look into things. Thank you.

• SnowJapan Admin

Please read the FORUMS UPDATED thread.

http://www.snowjapanforums.com/ubbthread...html#Post271312

The permissions system for these Forums has been totally revamped. This basically gives us a lot of flexibility and does not affect members directly. However, it means that regular members will need to post at least one new message on the Forums in order for their Private Messages to restart. Members will also need to have posted over 20 messages to use the Chat Box.

Once you have posted once in the new system you will be able to use the Chat Box once again.

• SnowJapan Admin

And I have replied - I hope that works, if it does please post here so maybe others in the same situation might benefit.

Thank you!

My option was not there: I dont care - I had that column turned off anyway...

new changes look good, the more functionability the more enjoyable the experience.

• SnowJapan Admin
Quote:
Not really chat box related but is it possible to turn off the preview function?

I have good news Rag-Doll.

We have made some adjustments and also added a new preference field - meaning that you can now turn off the Active Topic Preview thingy if you want it off.

Go to My Stuff > Profile.

Towards the bottom you will see

Show Active Tooltips (1=yes, 0=no):

Put 0 in there if you want the previews turned off.
Put 1 in there if you want the previews turned on (default is on).

Hope you like that.

Thanks
Originally Posted By: SJForums
Quote:
Not really chat box related but is it possible to turn off the preview function?

I have good news Rag-Doll.

We have made some adjustments and also added a new preference field - meaning that you can now turn off the Active Topic Preview thingy if you want it off.

Go to My Stuff > Profile.

Towards the bottom you will see

Show Active Tooltips (1=yes, 0=no):

Put 0 in there if you want the previews turned off.
Put 1 in there if you want the previews turned on (default is on).

Hope you like that.

Thanks

Great, thanks very much and sorry to be picky when you guys have obviously been busy.
  • SnowJapan Admin

No problems - it was a good point, some people will find those annoying.

We welcome comments and ideas like that, it is what forms the basis of lots of what we do. Sometimes they are easier to get done than others, happily this one was a fairly simple adjustment.

Thanks again.

It just looks a tad strange just now, maybe it'll grow on me so for that reason I haven't voted yet. Its like I am sitting about 3 feet to the left of my screen though, very weird!!

Originally Posted By: oo
Why don't you just turn it off then?

Anything good to say perhaps?

this is a poll thread, is it not?? That means that the staff are looking for opinions, which in turn means I can say what I feel about the issues raised. What would be the point in the SJ staff running a poll if everyone just said they liked it whether they did or not??
  • SnowJapan Admin

Yes we are looking for feedback and opinions.

It is also nice to hear words of encouragement and positive things. (I like to hear them, especially when you have been up coding for well over 24 hours after a few weeks preparation). So thanks for them.

smile