Just got back from the BIG ISLAND swimming with dolphins, snorkling with turtles, splashing around with whales, dancing on hot lava, sailing, golf,& a some surfing.I'm ready to hit the slopes on monday, day trip to Hyogo or gifu anyone? wave.gif

Sounds nice Dave. I had my first trip to Hawaii in December and loved it ... We only visited Oahu but stayed on the North Shore away from busy Waikiki but it was great. I can only imagine how much nicer the other islands are! I will have to get some tips when I plan my next trip. Yoroshiku!

woy woy where did you stay on the north shore? I stayed at a great little place called the surfhouse which has cheap cabins and camping sites all set in a fruit plantation with an open-air kitchen and BBQ fire pit. Great times and great people. The giant turtles are great dave rave, pretty hard to get a good photo of them tho. I would love to go to the Big Island and Kawaii on the next trip back there!

I didnt go to the north shore,I hardly ever stay in oahu I was only on the the BIG ISLAND & it always great. my local surf spot is only 15 min. drive & nearest beach is 3 kilometers from my place.