we have lots of T&F meets in August, our summer camp, and just various things we have to deal with and go to over the summer. I figured if I was lucky I would get 2 weeks; but they knew I tried to get home last year and wanted to and that its been 3 years + since I have been home so they just gave me the time. Sweet as! This will allow me a week-10 days of personal travel - now to hit Hawaii, SE Asian island, or somewhere Stateside like a national park?

I wanna go to a beach ger, swim, surf, read a book on the beach, etc.. I got mates in Hawaii so can stay for free but really thinking Id like to go somewhere new. A week to play with though isnt much but will allow a day before and after for travel so I actually have a full week somewhere. Most likely flying out of Hot'Lanta so wanna do it on the way back to Japan.

Ideas:

Puerto Galera in the Phillipines

Hawaii

S. Thailand

Any ideas from you guys if you only had a week to go to a beach where would you go? As long as I can surf/swim/dive/relax Ill be happy. Dont care much bout nite life, just want to be on some beautiful beaches with beautiful water.

Spooks TR looks wicked but would rather hit someplace like that when I actually had 2 weeks or more.

Ideas welcome! wave.gif

Does Thailand get surf? I have been to the islands of Koh Phagn ngn (sp?) and Ko Samui, no surf but beautiful places. Ko Samui is much more built up, got the beach side hotels, although they are all decently built into the landscape. Koh Phagn Ngn is a lot more rustic, cheap as chips and definitely a place to lose yourself on a beach for more than a week. Ko Tao (sp?) Is apparently awesome diving, but I haven't been there. The Perenthian Islands off of Malaysia's east coast are another chain that are meant to be unbroken paradise both on land and in the sea, again though I haven't been there and have only heard stories

TB, not much that I have heard. Myanmar seems to have some good breaks but that was just heard 2nd hand. Dont have to have all things just a bit of what Im after. Heard stories bout lots of places but those are the ones I dont have the time for so was seeing if people have any ideas cool.gif

cheers

I was at the north shore last August. The surf there is really small during the summer there but there are other places on Oahu that get decent size stuff that time period. Wiameia has literally nothing during the summer season.

I will be in the states wakeboarding for 3 weeks in August this year. 2 sessions a day slashing glass for a few weeks of vacation = yummy.

Waiamea quite often gets Spinners in pods of 20-50 in the bay right on shore. Absolutely awesome experience to have the dolphins coming up and playing right on shore with you. We would easily seem them a few times a summer when training.

South shore gets the best waves at that time but nothing compared with the North in winter.

Thanks for the advice - got any more keep it coming, checking on tix right now.

thanks!

I was in Hawaii a few years back at Xmas time, fantastic time of year to visit. went up to the North shore to have a look and watch the Pipeline Masters, I was blown away by the size of those waves!!!

Waimeia too. I just about drowned trying to get back out the water from there, the waves were breaking right onshore and the drag back was unbelievable. Saw a turtle there as well

Was the 3rd break at Pipeline breaking? Thats a sight to see...In 1986 I saw 50 foot waves breakin on the N. Shore. You could see how massive they were from the top of Kamehameha hwy right as you start going downhill. It was washing up over the rocks top right of Waimea Bay, that was nuts. People were being washed out down around turtles, pcc, etc...thats the biggest surf Ive witnessed and still cant forget it. Just awesome!!