I would say niseko hirafu is the busiest in any given day as thats where most the infraastructure is - If the prince hotel was choco full though Higashiyam would be very busy though - interesting question

In case you missed it,

Hirafu is the busiest and most varied in terms of hotels, lodges, shops and restaurants.

Hanazono is keep mum on their developments so far, but from last inspection, not much has changed there, a good annex to Hirafu.

Annupuri is still nice and relatively quiet. Good for the kids to learn too.

Higashiyama is changing itself quite rapidly. I can see that getting busier next season as it gets more marketed overseas. And combined with some school visits the slopes there will be getting crowded.

Still I have never yet had to wait in a long queue at Hanazono or Annupuri. The gondola in Hirafu can have maybe up to a 15min wait in the busiest times but not throughout the whole day. I was recently told that Tokyu Resorts have said that the total number of beds in Hirafu currently, even if completely full, would only make up 50% of the capacity of the lifts.

I've heard that Hanazono will probably build a new day centre this summer. I'll have to head over there soon to see if any earth has been moved.

Thursday Higashiyama will defintely get more traffic if they open up more of the terrain. They also need better accommodation options. As much as you may like the hotel there the bulk of international visitors would still prefer self contained apartments.

Word on the slopes is that there will be major earthworks at the base of Hanazono this summer.

Plan is to establish a dedicated child & adult beginner area with magic carpets and a chair.

The Snowsports School contracted by Richard Li (don't know if I can mention them) will have a base at Hanazono and bus people over from Hirafu (where the majority of their clients will be staying).

Mike, you gonna be around next season? Saw you guys gather at the Hirafutei bridge. At breakfast, saw one of you orange jackets bomb down the slope and I was thinking, "idiot" and then he turned 180 on a sixpence, then I thought "showboat".

Plenty of stuff to do there. Moving on sounds about right.

Tell ya what is really needed: a good English (or Welsh) pub right on the T junction with Seico Mart. Man, that would go down a treat.