Rechargeable batteries...

Can anyone recommend some decent rechargeable batteries for use in my digital camera?

I've tried the usual supermarket variety, fuji, energizer, kodak ect. they just don't cut it. I have a very power thirsty camera and I'm often caught short with flat batteries. My real problem though is the spare set of AA's that I keep in the camera bag go flat as well. They somehow self discharge.

Thoughts??

i think you should just buy a new camera. i'm sure thursday can recomend something ;\)

i've never had that prob with batteries before. but a mate had a camera that was just chewing through batteries - he'd literally take one pic and then the camera would die. after 3 frustrating days he worked out he had all this calcified build up on the batteries sensor things inside the camera. he just wiped that off and then everything was hunky dory

Originally Posted By: thursday.
That sounds OK. Could it be that your cam is actually needing 1.5V from each cell instead of the 1.2V from the rechargeables? Just a thought.

yes..yes ...tell me more. 1.2 volts you say?

I bought one of those battery tester things and it seems my camera rejects the batteries as soon as they lose a bit of there charge.