Hi all, great site!

Which snowdomes have the best parks, i.e. good mixture of rails and preferably a pipe? Are any of these parks located near a mountain again with a park, even if it only has a few jibbs or jumps out??

This was I can ensure fun riding both winter and summer.

Hopefully coming to japan for 12months next yr, to teach english and learn japanese. So any advice on where I should look to apply and where is good to ride would be GREATLY APRRECIATED!

Thank you all,

x

Originally Posted By: Oyuki kigan
Does anyone here ont he boards actually go to those things? They seem like my own version of snowboard hell, like a tiny, indoor Karuizawa.

I want to try one out - (probably just once!) - for the experience. It might not be as bad as you think. Certainly allows for riding in summer (and for we poor pathetic people who live where it never snows - allows boarding locally.). We don't have one here as yet, so I have not had the opportunity to try.

Papabear is very "ANTI". I think we will drag him there to experience it under extreme protest. I imagine it is a bit like watching a new release movie on your laptop instead of at the cinema. You still get the enjoyment of it, but there is nothing like the experience of the real thing.

Indoors are pretty good when ur stuck in england and have to go to university. Theres a group of 20 of us that go every week, my friend designs the park and we have some sick rails. Ok its not like the mountain, but its still super fun, and you learn tricks super fast, a really good atmosphere too.

Well thanks for the info guys, ill check out gala yuzawa now x

I go to the Snova 246 in Tokyo, which is not near any mountains. There is a pipe but more of a beginer pipe. There are a couple of kickers, three rails that they switch up on a daily basis and a wall ride. The landings are rock hard so one screw up on the kickers and you will be in a world of pain. I have stopped hitting the kickers for that reason. Good rail practice though.