Teledude, unfortunately, I'm not from CO, just learned to ski there, in Eagle county (at the now-overpriced resorts of Vail and Beaver Creek). I'm from the cursed flatlands of Minnesota. Believe it or not, the state turns out some pretty decent pinheads.

Sometimes, I wish I could say this:

Me: I uh, I don't like my job, and, uh, I don't think I'm gonna go anymore.

Someone Else: You're just not gonna go?

Me: Yeah.

Someone Else: Won't you get fired?

Me: I don't know, but I really don't like it, and, uh, I'm not gonna go.

Someone Else: So you're gonna quit?

Me: Nah-uh. Not really. Uh...I'm just gonna stop going.

Someone Else: When did you decide all that?

Me: About an hour ago.

Someone Else: An hour ago...so you're gonna get another job?

Me: I don't think I'd like another job.

Hey Crazy check out the Niseko report. I almost started crying. \:\( \:\(

But hey you know. If we had snow we would have to be worrying about this.

REVELSTOKE, B.C. - The Canadian Avalanche Association has issued an avalanche warning for alpine and treeline areas throughout the province.

The warning comes as the province braces for a major winter storm for mountain areas on the coast, the Columbia Mountains and parts of the Rockies.

INDEPTH: B.C. weather forecasts

The expected heavy snowfall, strong winds and rising temperatures are expected to trigger a number of natural avalanches and increase the potential for avalanches caused by humans.

Claire Israelson of the Canadian Avalanche Association says early snowfall last month has caused a structural weakness in the snowpack.

"It will go away, but for the next several days at least, we see this as something people may not be aware of," he says. "It's down deep in the snowpack and it requires us to be cautious."

LINK: Canadian Avalanche Association

Israelson says people can minimize the risk by staying on moderate slopes.

"Avoid those slopes that have big exposure above and keep on slopes that are 30 degrees or less."

"That's still great for skiing, it's still great for snowmobiling, but if we stay on slopes less than 30 degrees people should be able to stay out of trouble."

The CAA says backcountry travel in the B.C. mountains is not recommended Friday, and is advising people to exercise caution during the weekend.

Crazy, I'm not originally from CO either. Actually born in Long Beach, CA, lived most of my life in Wisconsin and have lived in CO for the past 9 years. I just cant' sit still really. But I call Colorado home, even with it's overcrowded and overpriced everything. The only thing that's not overpriced is a season pass! The past few years I had a season pass for Breckenridge, Keystone, A-Basin and 10 days at Vail/Beaver Creek all for $300 US. It'll cost you that much for 4 days at Vail/Beav if you don't eat, drink or do anything other than ski and leave. I used to hate Vail-it's truly evil if you ask me but I can't deny the skiing is amazing. You can get back to Mongolia on the busiest day and not see another soul all day. I'll bet Whistler is similiar. I know it's bigger.

Yeah, Mongolia is good stuff...but its lacking in the steep department. I had one of the most epic runs of my life off Genghis Kahn on the west side of China Bowl a few years back. Consistent, steep pitch, bad vis (so no people) and about 30 inches of fresh. Sick, it was.

And then Vail Associates had to go and build ANOTHER high speed quad right over it, the Sun Up express or whatever its called. Damn the man!