Anyone out thissa-way get into it today?

10cm fell at my house on the hill in Takamatsu so I'd expect a dump somewhere in Hiroshima, Shimane or Tottori.

Tomorrow & on looks sweet but just can't squeeze my hours.

P'raps the weekend if it keeps up.

Went to Mizuho yesterday snobee. Last week only the top of the mountain was white, the valley side was completely closed and it was very icy. Yesterday was a different story. The valley side was open (with a few rocky areas, but generally reasonably good) and the were small powder stashes (heavy-ish) all over the place. If this snow keeps up out there the next few days like it is forecast, then there whould be a decent base there for the season thumbsup.gif

Aomo - Takamatsu Kagawa - famous for Udon and infamous for no snow.

BP - Good you got out. Sounded worthwhile for the day, but I was surprised that area didn't get a big dump (according to the reports). It's definitely a bummer if Mizuho's valleyside is closed. I don't want to go there again with only mountain open. I was so lucky a coupla weeks back - all open, all fluffy & few peeps.

Maybe this weekend will be pretty good. I'll be waiting with hi-way ETC card in hand, but it'd have to be the goods to fork out the mean travel costs.

All hi-ways should be free to encourage more domestic travel, spending, consumerism in general to lift the economy and build more ski-joes closer to me - you know like the good ol bubble daze.

Ger - hey white caps in Naruto. Some good BC there - nyuk, nyuk!

Actually The kid and I went up higher on our hill yesterday to the

bbq park and skiiiid down a full 100m course - about 5-10cm sno over lawn.

We've been faithfully told that we are the 1st to have ever skied in Takamatsu city.

Now that's die - hard.

Snobee, it was reopened this last weekend, so no probs now. And they were starting to go hard at the jinko yuki so with this weather they should have been able to get a good base and keep it on the valley side. Mizuho got dumped on on Sunday (and possibly through today, so it should be fine for this weekend with the reports showing snow all the way through thumbsup.gif

Originally Posted By: snobee
Ger - hey white caps in Naruto. Some good BC there - nyuk, nyuk!

Snowing again... POWDER. Close to a centimeter in town now, so probably almost double that in the hills. The stoke is on! I'll be toenail deep tomorrow morning.

Ger - had another big dump on my hill in Takamatsu of 4~5cms. Caused havoc with the locals who mainly stayed indoors coz their cars went slippy slippy.

I too was worried about a big snowpack slide when walking the dog on the trails. You know the unexpected rumble of a 10cm drift burying poor Dingo - the dog - and being caught out with no shovel.

But that's why on such ventures I always carry my boy scout camping mug with sealable lid filled to the brim with life saving salt of the earth - usually shiraz. Never know how long you might be stuck.

Mizuho's had 70cm up top over the past few days.

Hachikita bombed I heard.

And It's still falling and falling.

Everywhere will be good this week and I've got to go to

A WEDDING this weekend. Will be fine , BUT........!

Why are long weekends in Japan so often used for "things" like school sports days, meetings, tests, "fun volunteer" activities, weddings ,........???

Or is it that I was brung up to b'live such occasions are for 3 days of "FREE CHOICE"

BP and others going out?

I'm thinking of hitting Mighty Ikawa in Tokushima Friday to ease the pain of it all.

Had 3 awesome days in Mizuho over the weekend. Snowing all day Saturday. The tree courses were all open and we had some great runs on the crazy bear course. Those of you who met Steve in Hakuba at new years, he did a completely unintentional front flip off a pillow on that course. He got some serious air! We got it on video somewhere, so once I get that one I'll post it. Spent the next few days pissing around doing stupid stuff and amusing each other with all sorts of stacks and spills. Snotboy, Atsuki, Steve, BPG and I all took some big spills trying to outdo eachother on jumps and drops. Then spent the last few hours on the kickers in the park. Snotboy and BPG gave us some great stacks for the vids too! thumbsup.gif BPG was fearless in hitting the larger kicker in the park too, which was very cool to see. Anyway, the snow at Mizuho is a million times better than last year. Anyone else down this way get out over the weekend?

Hey Bushy - I'm glad you could hit it so sweet.

Looking at the mizuho site everyday last week certainly made me miserable. 225cms!!!!!!!!!

It must have been really going off, coz I went to Tokushima Ikawa on Friday and it was bitterly cold, 15~20cms of fresh and about 25 people there until a class of junior hi kids came. Proxy Heaven.

A rare "soft sno" day to be sure in these parts.

So I was spewing I couldn't head to Shimane on S'dy. Anyway the wedding was nice and everyone had a good time.

Now I'm just waiting for the chance again - soon I hope.