Where do I go in narita airport to get my luggage shipped so I don't have to carry it on the trains to hakuba? Also will it show up that night?

And

I land at 220 pm on the 16th of Jan... does that leave me enough time to take the shink route and still catch a bus to hakuba?

I think it does but last time I took a different way and not sure why I did.

thanks

There's courier service (YAMATO KURO NEKO "BLACK CAT") right after you get out of customs. Look for green and yellow banners. Luggage usually arrives the next day.

The airport shouldn't be so crowded at that time of the day...maybe an hour to get through fingerprinting immigration and customs...

http://www.jorudan.co.jp/english/

plug "Narita-Airport" and "Hakuba" for shink

"Narita-Airport" and "Nagano" for shink to Nagano. Then you've got a 60-minute bus to "Happo Bus Terminal" (1,500yen one way).

For example,

Skyliner No. 22 Departs Narita-Aiport 15:59,

Arrives Keisei Ueno/Ueno 17:02

transfer to

Asama No. 539 Departs Keisei Ueno/Ueno 17:30,

Arrives Nagano 19:00

Said bus to Departs Nagano St. (near the East Exit, I think) 20:30,

Arrives "Happo Bus Terminal" at 21:40.

You can also pay an extra fee at the takyubin to get the staff delivered before 10 AM next morning. I did it 2 weeks ago for a small parcel, but I am sure you can do it for snow gear. It might be expensive though.

Usual fees are 1250 yen for a snowboard bag from Tokyo to Hakuba, think maybe double if you ask for early morning delivery.