Could anyone recommend a good luggage transfer company that could take some of our gear from Narita to Hakuba? Preferably a reliable 24 hour service.

Any advice would be welcome, PM me if you need to.

Cheers \:\)

• SnowJapan Admin

I think any of the major takyubin delivery companies will be fine. They are waiting for you when you come out of arrivals and offer pretty much the same services and costs, they'll get your bags delivered "next day".

• SnowJapan Admin

They'll be happy to take it all off you! I use it every time I come back to Japan from overseas. You should be able to find it easily but if you need to ask the word is "takyubin".

Will you be taking more vid? Really like your first one up there \:\)

• SnowJapan Admin

They are everywhere. (Well, not quite EVERYWHERE. But nearly).

At Shin-Chitose, there is parcel delivery services by Yamato Transport, Nippon Express, Sagawa Express, Sagawa Global Logistics and the Japanese Postal Service (Yu-Pack).

Indo, I head out of international arrivals and straight to the bus counter. No takyubin or anything more than a MOS Burger on the way. Though the beer and sake and souvenir place is right handy.

I want to find out where it is cos I'm thinking Niseko -> Sapporo -> Shin Chitose without the ski stuff.

• SnowJapan Admin

thursday, personally I don't know but if you say "takyubin" to any staff at the airport they will point you in the right direction within seconds.

Originally Posted By: SJForums
thursday, personally I don't know but if you say "takyubin" to any staff at the airport they will point you in the right direction within seconds.

Ditto that.. they are at every bloody airport.. This is Japan.. takyubin rocks..

Thursday, if I remember correctly, the takkyubin counters are down on the "domestic" side around the JAL arrivals. That's all the way on the other side of the terminal, so just turn left out of International and walk until you see them on the right. They are on the same floor, so you don't need to go upstairs or downstairs.

Originally Posted By: SJForums

Will you be taking more vid? Really like your first one up there \:\)

Tough call that one, video or stills, It's almost impossible to capture things with both unless you walk around with 2 cameras around your neck.

I think it will be stills this year, sorry. \:\)

Takkubin is also availble at almost every hotel and most convenience stores for getting your stuff back to the airport.

The two main companies are Kuro Neko Yamato and Sagawa. Look out for them at the airport or show this to someone.

logo_001.gif

sagawaexpress.gif

There are maps of where they are in the airport here:

Narita Airport baggage delivery

You don't REALLY need to Takkubin your stuff but it's so cheap and makes things much easier, especially if you are travelling by yourself. A lot of train stations have loads of steps and no escalators or elevators.

There will get your stuff on the train but not necessarily where you can see it. Buses might have stricter limits.