niseko snow depths 2004 (includes bonus boots talk )

in the most scientific way possible (and showing the utmost respect for nonsensical optimism), i have come up with a prediction of hirafu snow depths that i think will please most. although it looks very snowy, i would like to point out that most snow will fall during the night time, leaving the days clear for snorkelling.

userpic12181pic23fd566f1ded17.jpg

and seeing as future snow may not warrant further discussion, allow me to tantalize u with this - i'm gonna buy new boots (2002/3 salomon dialogues) and gloves this week. that will surely freak the snow into falling with no delay. i note the boot makers have gone a bit soft this year, more freestyle focused.

anyone ride with softer (forward flex) boots? like it?

i tried the salomon f24 and they were awse - too spensive for me - but essentially felt like a pair of sneakers, and still plenty stiff... the future is looking comfy.

Quote:
Originally posted by low pressure lover:
& erm... just how did you arrive at this prediction?
Alphone, he used the ARIMA - GARCH methods of time series analysis.

Well done, Mr Zooki.

The Jelly fish are with you and your prediction.

just dont get it. Was that snowpack data. Cms or inches cause if that was cms thats not a lot of snow. If that is snowpack data then fine its pretty good.

When I wake up in the morning and I can see my breath then Ill know its time to start thinking about getting out there.

Auto-Regressive Integrated Moving Average (ARIMA) time series models form a general class of linear models that are widely used in modelling and forecasting.

GARCH stands for Generalized Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity. Loosely speaking, you can think of heteroscedasticity as time-varying variance (i.e., volatility). Conditional implies a dependence on the observations of the immediate past, and autoregressive describes a feedback mechanism that incorporates past observations into the present. GARCH then is a mechanism that includes past variances in the explanation of future variances. More specifically, GARCH is a time-series technique that allows users to model the serial dependence of volatility