Snow Clearing your house and roof

How do people go about doing this in cities or towns?

I have a flat roof and no land so to speak and due to my working hours, I don't clear when everyone else does. Local foreigners tell me that you can't clear onto the road or the footpath/sidewalk but I don't know if there is some etiquette I should be aware of.

At the moment, I am clearing it at night and just turfing it from the roof onto the road so it is cleared in the morning but I am pretty sure I am doing the wrong thing frown.gif

I have seen people shovelling from their roofs onto their neighbours but I am just not going to do that.

In Hirafu there is none of that soubs. If you got nowhere to put it (like a vacant lot) then you hve to get it trucked out. In Kutchan most streets have access to drains with running water where the snow can be shoveled into. Unfortunately my street is not one of them. I'm lucky though that I have a vacant block next to my house that the local snowclearing machinery deposits a lot of the snow from nearby roads. I also dump my snow there and then when the lot fills they come and take it all away. I'm thinking of buying the block so that no one can ever build there ;\)

One of my best friends from school was on a BR train coming back from uni and the train in front of her had hit a cow. Loud speakers announced not to look out of the window, which of course everyone did. Blood and guts everywhere. She was a vegetarian and couldn't even walk past the meat counter in the supermarket. She didn't make it to the toilet and threw up in the train carriage.