Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone had a few ides about the availability of medium term accommodation at ski fields in JP? something along the lines of 2 months? Right now it does not really matter which area (preferably one with not many foreigners so I can improve my Japanese)...

So I guess my questions are

- Is medium term accommodation available? and is it easy to find?

- How much would it cost for something basic (2 months)

- How would I go about booking something like this? (Do I get my friends in Japan to organise this?)

many thanks

Mark.

There are plenty of other threads about this but the best way to go about it is to choose your area, then go to the accommodation section on the SJ site, decide if you want budget, Japanese, western, luxury etc and contact people via their details which are halfway down the page.

Yes there are medium term options available, easy to find??? I can only speak for Niseko which is not where you are interested in.

Prices depend on the the above variables.

In Niseko, the cheapest would be 60,000yen per month for 1 person, the most expensive 5,000,000yen plus for 10 people. I know there are cheaper places on SJ in Hakuba.

Have a look, see how you go.

well i'm planning on heading to niseko, would be looking for something cheap but can afford not to live in squalor, if you know what i mean \:\) having my own room in a shared apartment/house/whatever would be ideal. happy to share with locals/natives too as am also trying to learn nihongo.

thanks for the info guys, didn't realise there was an accommodation section elsewhere.. i'll have a search round and see what i turn up..

• 2 weeks later...

ok so i found all the pensions and hotels info etc, but am having a v hard time finding anything like i described before... is that kind of thing just not how it works in japan? i spent a season in whistler before and most people live in houses or apartments..

anyways, i think the grand hirafu area looks best because there seems to be the most going on there. is that a reasonable assumption?

thanks,

jon