Huge amounts of snow last night, reports ranging from Happo 60 cms on top to Tsugaike 170 cms

Originally Posted By: NPM
pics?????????????

sorry but I was too busy to take pics, I had my camera with me but it barely came out. I took 2 photos just to show whiteout conditions. Thankfully they eased and riding was definitely possible. The only gripe was the wind yesterday, but it was only a tiny one cos I loved it. So much so that me and Okemo sneaked another cheeky run in at the bottom run before having to head back and meet up with the flakes who headed down earlier. I am absolutely shattered though, even now!!
 Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
 Originally Posted By: NPM
pics?????????????
I am absolutely shattered though, even now!!

Last year I was in pretty good condition at the start of the season, but this year I have done no ski-specific training. I used to think that squats were pretty good for the thighs, but having spent a considerable portion of my weekend time trying to drag thick skis up to the surface from the depths of the powder ocean I think I have found the new leg-burner. Stairs are not fun today!

My muscles actually are fine, no fatigue there, its more a lack of energy. I simply don't have the energy to move, I just wanna lie down and go to sleep!!! \:D

Its always the 2nd day after that my muscles start screaming anyway!!

This year's training has been copious amounts of beer and gym avoidance!! Under the circumstances I think I'm bearing up well!! lol.gif