Nose to Toe Rolls .. Like Tap Dancing On A Snowboard

So, I was watching this guy just bounce on his snowboard going from nose to tail kind of like he was tap dancing. I did not web searching and I think it is called Nose to Toe Rolls, is this correct?

Anyways, how the hell can I do it on a 162W Custom? Will it depend like the guy was making his board bend?

Toe Rolls? Isn't that a football injury? lol.gif

So he was just doing a nose butter and then popping into a tail butter, doing that all the way down the run? Was he rotating at all? I saw some guy (or crew?) named Baka Ichi who do all these kooky ground tricks, and one rider was doing this tap dance-esque manuever alternating between nose and tail presses all while linking quick, consecutive 180's down the hill. I have to admit, it must take some serious edge control and balance, but I also have to admit, it was probably the ugliest, dumbest "trick" I've ever seen on a snowboard. \:\(

Update: I found their site HERE , but I can't find that one exact trick. I see a lot of stuff like it though.

I dunno. I'm a big fan of ground tricks, but so much of what I see here on that site is so sloppy that it does nothing for me. Even if the 'guratori' were cleaner, so much of it what they're doing is inherently wack to begin with that it would still blow.

I'm just crusty today. laugh.gif

Two guys who brought flatland tricks (guratori) "back" are Yasuo Aiuchi and Hirohisa "Major" Sato. There are a few links in a discussion at my home site in this thread . These are much better. thumbsup.gif

He was just at the base of the run on flat ground. Popping from the toe to the tail and sometimes throwing in a 180 degree turn. Being the complete noob I am, I was impressed.

Now, if I saw him doing this down the run I think I would have barfed. Just ugly doing it down the run.

I've seen guys do this to get BACK up the run - usually an instructor coming back up to help me get up after a complete wipeout!! LOL

I had to do it to rescue the baby bear one time - BOY! Am I unfit!!

Originally Posted By: Samui Kitsune
He was just at the base of the run on flat ground. Popping from the toe to the tail and sometimes throwing in a 180 degree turn. Being the complete noob I am, I was impressed.

Now, if I saw him doing this down the run I think I would have barfed. Just ugly doing it down the run.

If you're just starting off, nail down these. You'll be surprised at how fast you pick them up, and your board control will improve by leaps and bounds. (Hey - if my wife can do it, you can too! lol.gif )

The quality is really poor because it was taken from a thumbnail-sized Quicktime file, but you can also find the full DVD version in Japan and online under the name "BASIC: Snowboarding Video How To Groundtrick". It's the first video in a series of three. (The Youtube above is just the trailer for the DVD.)

Have fun with it!

yeah usually people just use it to get up a slight hill, like on a cat track, sol you dont have to take a foot out...much easier with softer, shorter boards, but can be done with longer boards too...you need to be leaning forward, and basically running off your nose and tail...helpful at times...