Originally Posted By: thursday
 Originally Posted By: samurai
it works for me too. and it's not rip a fakie backside 7; it's throw a fakie rodeo/misty/d-spin 7. backside has nothing to do with skiing.

and rip is something you do on the snow. Rip turns, rip a line, rip a tree tree segment, rip a slab... etc. Throw is all about air.

come on, dude.

show off

Samurai,
I meant showoff in the technical names above, not your skiing ability. You showoff. lol.gif

Now, have some more whisky. ;\)

Ah! Sorry I missed all the fun. Samurai, your posts make for good reading. Arrogance or whatever has nothing to do with anything. Being a good skier might be a big deal here in Japan but in West everybody and their grandmother is dropping in off the cornice. Of course, any of us who have skied around a bit know this. Samurai, I was just giving you a bit of sht coz I figured you were a little older than most people on this forum and that maybe you’d left your more radical sht was behind you. Like me, actually! Age is a funny thing though. When I was 15 I used to ski the bumps all day long and I figured my knees would be totally done by the time I was 30. That never happened though, and at 37 I feel like I never fell off my peak. In more ways than just skiing. But, I guess the difference is that I’m a little more weary of big air, for one thing. When I was half my age, before parks and tabletops and even snowboards, we used to get creative trying to find things to launch off of. Air is still good fun but I’m not going to jump off a cliff just cause everyone else is doing it these days. Like I said though, age is strange. When I was 23 I remember being in a particularly steep line at Blackcomb (a line on the skiers left of the main couloir actually) and thinking ‘Damn this is creepy’ and skirting into the center of the coulior where it’s not quite as steep. Last season when I was there, the whole mountain was open and at one point I was in the exact same line thinking "Bring it on!". I’ve been in Japan for the most part since I was 23 so I obviously haven’t had much practice on steeps since then. I don’t know where it came from. Age hasn't been bad at all, so far.

Anyway, you posted your soliloquy. So that’s mine. I haven’t had any good riding buddies since the Babcock boys moved to Salt Lake City and lately my best ski days have been solo. I’ll ski with you sometime, Samurai. I might have to take my skis off and walk across the access road instead of launching over it on the way back to the parking lot, but otherwise, you won’t be waiting for me at the lift.

I wish Thursday would hurry up! ;\)