Tsonda, I should be there around that time although no specific plans as of yet. Thanks for the invite, I love haks and used to go there a lot, but to be honest, after having tasted the convenience of Yuzawa and given that a kid has been thrown into the equation, I cannot see myself going back there soon. I know somebody who lives in haks and is a bc addict and am thinking to visit him to hit the bc sometimes, but sooooo far from Tokyo.

Will you be staying at FT's place?

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes that's the plan, I will be going also next weekend.

But I know what you mean, Yuzawa is an easy drive. I wouldn't like to drive up to hakuba if I am not staying at least 2 days.

Having the kid still a baby is also something you cant overlook. My turn will come eventually. shifty.gif

Anyway see you around the 22nd then. smile.gif

I was able to see across and it didn't seem as busy, but I didn't know how to get across there....now I know that the lifts weren't on.

BTW i saw what was probably the most antiquated looking single lift I have ever seen at Kagura, it wasn't on and I hope it never goes on, that thing looked like a death trap!!

TBH Tsonda I was a bit confused about where I was meant to get the bus. I didn't listen properly when the woman told me where to go and when I got there teh queue was huge so I just jumped on the 1st one that came along. Next time maybe I'll go to Tashiro

haha, I forgot to mention that there was this guy in a business suit snowboarding, it was really funny. He was getting filmed by his mate which made me think of the SJ Video competition. i wonder if it'll get posted on here!!

I did Kagura today, I tried to beat Tsondaboy's 2.5 hour drive, but came up about 20 min shy because I got off early and took 17 through the mountains rather than stay on the expressway all the way to Yuzawa. I did get there in time for the first ropeway from Mitsumata. Which didn't leave until 8 by the way.

Only about 4 people beat me to the top and I got onezzies on my first run and I was able to avoid crossing tracks with anyone for the next three or four. The snow was great shin to knee deep powder but it got tracked up FAST.

I looked over at Tashiro and it looked closed to me, none of the lifts i could see were running today.

My legs were like jello by 11, the lack of preseason training was very noticable. All in all a great 1st day for me this season. Got to play in some decent snow and didn't get hurt. Although I will feel it tomorrow.

Post when you guys want to do a Kagura trip. Im down.

Maybe Tashiro only opened because it was the weekend. Their official opening is this weekend I think. Do you live in Tokyo Okemo? If you were looking for people to share petrol costs I'd be up for that, but at the mo I can only do weekends. But I liked Kagura as well. I'm maybe going this weekend again with some friends.

Im in Machida, and I too am looking for people to split cost. If your in Fujisawa it would be easy to meet up and head north together. I have this weekend off so I will probably try and get up there one of the days.

The lifts weren't moving over at Tashiro at all, it was probably just a early weekend only deal for them.

Yeah....but I don't drive. I took the shinkansen this weekend.

Okemo, anytime you are going up then give me a heads up and more than likely I'll share costs. If you are wanting to fill the car I have a few mates who would also be interested

On the 24th drove from Azabu in central Tokyo. 2.5 there in good conditions.... 4.75 coming back in hideous traffic. That was why I quite liked the shinkansen this week. You can sleep on the way home instead of being terrified of falling asleep at the wheel. But no early lift...

Trying to PM you Tubby but its telling me I don't have enough posts to have that privledge yet. I have a van with a ski rack. I can take 4 people comfortably including myself. I'll give you a heads up when I figure out what Im doing this weekend.

Originally Posted By: OkemoLoon
I did Kagura today, I tried to beat Tsondaboy's 2.5 hour drive, but came up about 20 min shy because I got off early and took 17 through the mountains rather than stay on the expressway all the way to Yuzawa.

Who said I got off at Yuzawa, I always get off at Tsukiyono IC before the Minakami tunnel. \:\)

My ultimate stupidity record time was 2 hours 10 mins last season, going 140-160 on the highway and 40-60 on 17th around mikuni-toge.
 Originally Posted By: Kingofmyrrh
I'm pretty sure you can... I didn't get to the travel shop in time this weekend so I had to settle for the 10,700 return (no pass included) which is obviously not as good, but I am fairly sure that the deal is available.

you can't take the 6.25 shink on a saturday if you are usuing the JR deal. That was the one I wanted but for some reason its not available on saturdays, dunno about sundays, I'm hoping that you can. Because I didn't get on snow till about 10.30 and that is WAAAAAAY too late, thats why the the pistes etc were all chewed up.

There are many things you cant do officially, but no one will bother you if you do.

I used to book my self any ticket available and wait on line for the free seat on the 06:08 shink up to yuzawa. Done it more than 10 times, never a problem.

Also, if you go to some other travel agency, they have plans (or used to have) around the same price but without seat reservation.