Planning on doing a spring trip skiing from Mt Yotei to Iwanai before the Niseko Panorama road (66) opens up.

Skied Yotei on 28 July this year and stood on top of a snowcapped Mekun-nai-dake (the next peak across from Iwanai) on 04 June.

Mike do you have AT gear or will you be snowshoeing most of it? Sounds like a great trip! Mekun-nai-dake really seems to keep the snow a long time. After a big season you could still ski drifts up there well into July. I've also been looking at a trip to the peak out near Shakotan peninsula. It bears the brunt of all the winter storms and definitely gets a lot more snow than here. Also down along the coast past Suttsu there is a 1,500m peak that seems to hold snow well into summer that I wouldn't mind checking out. Access doesn't look too easy though.

Ezorisu

Thanks I can be pretty ignorant when it comes to some of the smaller resorts. I know Weiss is also running cats. Both places seem to charge a good bit for cat served skiing. It really don't look like it opens that much more of the mountain.

Originally Posted By: quattro
Both places seem to charge a good bit for cat served skiing. It really don't look like it opens that much more of the mountain.

Yes, it doesn't sound like a whole lot is open. I don't think i'd pay y10,000 for a day of that.