yeah dogfunk has issues with sending some of the brands from usa to australia. it's a contractual issue with some of the companies...total balls!!!

what we did was get stuff sent to friends in the usa (free US shipping with DF) then they sent it out, if you cant do that check out gear by volcom or 686 on dogfunk, they have mega sale gear on there for cheap. these are two brands that make awesome snowboarding gear highly tech fabrics and functionality! plus they are not on the Banned list of brands they can send.

i just got a 2007 volcom down jacket for $155 US (rrp $690aud)

you save heaps compared to oz rrp for anything

check out these baby's

http://www.dogfunk.com/dogfunk/VLC1608/c11/s20/Volcom-Bjorn-V-Co-Operative-Jacket-Mens.html

http://www.dogfunk.com/dogfunk/VLC1609/c11/s41/Volcom-Bjorn-V-Co-Operative-Pant-Mens.html

if i didnt already have new kit i would have gotten these for sure

volcom's ziptech is just the ticket for japow too.

plus ive had a pair of volcom nimbus pants for 5 years now, they are all i wear...been through a few jackets but the volcom materials are super tough and really well cut. so they take a LONG time to wear out!

sorry if this is overhyping volcom gear but after having many brands it's my tried and true choice!

Heheh I've got a friend in the USA that could take delivery and then ship to me.

I guess I'm willing to fork out for something so long it is decent. I made mistake buying a some standard jacket last year and I was forever drying it out each night. Also it tore, the velcro on the wrists tore off after about two weeks of pulling on and off and that was a $200 jacket.

Yeah yellow could be good although if my head's buried I could be mistaken for yellow snow. :p

So you reckon a jacket like the above would suffice if combined with thermal shirt and fleecey jacket?

It's hard to get my head around something so thin being such a good weather shield! \:\)

Originally Posted By: samurai
I don't actually ride with my hood. I too wear a helmet. I just like my hood in the parking lot or whatever, when it's wet. I also like how it keeps my neck warm below my helmet.

you should get a neck tube, absolute quality, keeps the neck and chin warm!!
 Originally Posted By: Nino
Heheh I've got a friend in the USA that could take delivery and then ship to me.

I guess I'm willing to fork out for something so long it is decent. I made mistake buying a some standard jacket last year and I was forever drying it out each night. Also it tore, the velcro on the wrists tore off after about two weeks of pulling on and off and that was a $200 jacket.

Yeah yellow could be good although if my head's buried I could be mistaken for yellow snow. :p

So you reckon a jacket like the above would suffice if combined with thermal shirt and fleecey jacket?

It's hard to get my head around something so thin being such a good weather shield! \:\)

don't expect that 3l jacket to keep you warm. think of it as just a waterproof barrier. If you get a 'fleecey jacket' make sure it has pitzips or having the really expensive shell will mean nothing.

It's nice to hear someone likes Volcom...they are known for being lesser quality (poor stitching, weird sizes etc)

Burton's AK outerwear is incredible. I really am not a fan of Burton, but their higher-end outerwear is excellent. Don't worry about the lack of insulation in the 3L because 1) you are in Australia and 2) you can layer up underneath, which is always smarter (and let's you use the same jacket in the spring with minimal layering).

You could probably save a couple hundred on the jacket by getting something less expensive (but still Gore-Tex), but if money's not much of an issue, go for it.

I picked up some Burton Ronin 2L gear for this season, both pieces at 20,000mm / 20,000g for waterproofing and breathability. Baggy as hell, but really comfy and well-made:

pigf.jpg2LA_F.jpg

Let us know what you end up with!

Going to go with this:

http://www.dogfunk.com/dogfunk/VLC1192/Volcom-Daringer-Jacket-Mens.html?id=gnHtMXi8

http://www.dogfunk.com/dogfunk/VLC1598/Volcom-Megatron-Softshell-Snowboard-Pant-Mens.html

Pricy but I think it'll do the trick combined with some suitable thermals and fleecy jacket beneath. Also both jacket/pants join together.

Man, I would check out:

http://www.dogfunk.com/dogfunk/BCS0607/c11/s20/Package-Volcom-Mega-Package-Mens.html

The one U are getting looks like it will be sweet, but it looks like a 5 years old was let loose with some rollers and paint...

then again, what would I know, I'm wearing Spandex this season =)

So when U going?, and where abouts?

I see you're an I.T. dude. High demand right now in Perth =)

Yeah I saw that combo. Wasn't too keen on the jacket in that though and at least this way it's all matching and good quality all round \:\)

I'm going to be heading to Rusutsu for 10 days and then Niseko for another 10 starting 4th Jan until 26th.

I'm trying to arrange to stay till the 8th of Feb but that'll be dependant on getting extra time off work, finding accommodation, flights etc.

Yeah IT is certainly in demand. My bro is in IT and racking in six figures. I'm a bit gutless to go contractor route so I'm getting somewhat less in a government role in exchange for a permanent job. Still outsourcing is on the cards so I might be out looking in the new year...

you should try getting on the live help chat window on dogfunk and see if they will do a deal before buying anything, they might let you mix and match the jackets! we did that and they gave us 15% off everything we bought...even brand new season stuff. it's a really easy process and it's 24hr i think.

you wont go wrong with a goretex pant, perticularly if you do time in oz too...rain and all! nice choice!

Hey Foxpuppet. I actually did just that and they gave me a 10% overall discount on the jacket and pants since they didn't have a combo with the two together.

They were really helpful actually, went through a lot of the different gear.

Hopefully have them shipped to me in Australia within about 5-7 working days.

• 2 months later...