get ready for the fingerprinting...

This is a real pain:

Foreigners queue = 1.5 hours wait

Japanese queue = 10 minute wait. (in my experience...)

I just hope that if they are going to make residents do this, then they will have more staff on to deal with it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes lets hope that they will have some special counter for the residents.

PS: Its not just Japan that does it, I had to go through the same old shit everytime I entered the states. Give it some time and all EU countries will do it. England is already planing it, from Janes link:

Quote:
Britain is set to require non-European foreign nationals to register biometric details when applying from visas from next year.

If there is ever a chance that resident’s wont have to do it, this will be probably for EU USA OZ and other countries that have biometric passports. We won’t have to do it at the airport because we will have been fingerprinted in our own countries.

Isn’t it fringing ironic...

Originally Posted By: tsondaboy
Yes lets hope that they will have some special counter for the residents.

PS: Its not just Japan that does it, I had to go through the same old shit everytime I entered the states.

Yeah I know that. But are you a resident or a green card holder in the US pf A??
Thats what get's my back up..M
y wife gets the same treatment as Australian citizens being a permanent resident visa holder but here? mad.gif

Do I have to be? The difference between Japan and the states (and I am not advocating in favor of either) is that you don’t have to get fingerprinted in the Japanese embassy when you apply for a tourist visa. I lost a damn day in line to get a business visa for the states although I have a EU passport, gave all my biometric data to the embassy fingerprints digital photo etc and I still have to go through the same shit every freaking time I enter the States!And I have a perfectly good visa that permits me reentry at any time.

the foreigner's queue into Tokyo has never been 1.5hours for me. It is ONLY 30 mins. But when you resident gaijins join our foreigner queue, it will be longer. Guess they will forget to add more counters until 3 months into the scheme.

The states is a diff story, their immigration staff have profiling to do, all in the name of security.