Worst four minutes followed by the best probably. I appreciate life everyday. The old man is in hospital at the moment. He should be ok but it still brings life into perspective. One moment in time.

I wish people would stop complaining.

I was thinking about this today, watching the numbers on TV. Not sure if under 10 mil is anything to brag about, especially when 1/2 of those are in Africa. It's still a disgrace.

Puts danger into perspective. I was worried so told Mrs Me Tarzan the other day that she should put a gate up for the stairs and move the sharp edged glass table to a place where MMT can't crack his head on it. Not actually big issues in the scheme of things.

Soubs, that must have been horrific. Was that something you ever imagined or worried about before he was born? I read loads of birth stories including lots of bad ones when I was preggers but I didn't worry about MMT dying at actual the birth. Don't know why - I worried about everything else!

I can't imagine how that would have felt soubs. I feel terrible when I see on eof my boys just not feeling well with a fever.

You are very lucky that you had a great medical team to deal with your son.

**** ups over here. Seems like way too many for the small number of people I know here.

Right on. But it's easy to assume life. Before the advent of antibiotics and modern medicine, childhood death was rife.

In the 1980s there was a fashion to deride hospital childbirth as a male dominated invasion of female rights. If No1 son had been born at home, he'd be dead. What about the baby's rights?