• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, fair enough. when i flew perth-sapporo i took cathay. overnight stop in HK on the way up there, but you could stay in the flash airport hotel for $40 or something, so it was fine. but yeah, a waste of time. i was a lowly student then, so annual leave didn't factor into my plans.

i really would have thought they could sync tokyo-sapporo flights though - i mean, there's near empty domestic flights doing this route every hour

I don't mind Quantas, but I hate British Airwyas, they are the biggest wankers ever. Although BA and Quantas are syndicated or whatever, I've found Quantas to be much friendlier than BA, **** BA!! (the airline, not the hard guy from the A-Team!!)

the boards would get on, but he'd need Murdoch to knock him out "by surprise" before he got on the plane. I always wondered how BA was able to take loadsa punishment when fighting the bad guys yet, murdoch would give him a feeble punch and he'd be out

I believe it went down like:

BA Baracus: "I ain't gettin' on no plane, Hannibal"

Hannibal: "We're not flying anywhere."

BA Baracus: "If he be flyin', we be dyin;"

Hannibal: "Drink your milk, BA."

So, yeah, BA would have to knocked the F out to get onboard.

OH, and back on topic, interseting thread. I am looking into prices too =)

i used to work with a bird who then went on to become a qantas hostie. she invited me round for a bbq at her place, and a whole gaggle of dolled up 25year old hosties showed up. all the boys were frothing

although i must admit that the general talent on qantas planes is not much snuff. apparently virgin is top notch?

hasn't this hostie thread been done before?

thanks for all of the replies guys.

i rang up qantas three times and two out of the three occasions were in favour of two kits in the one bag because i would be checking in with my wife.

i think if i was going solo i would have probs if I had the two kits, as it clearly states one kit per person on the website.

also in terms of the limit, its safe to keep it within the free baggage allowance of 20kg per person when combined with personal luggage.

if it exceeds the 20kg per person rule,they will charge you a fixed rate capped at 3kg. which doesnt sound too bad if you are over limit, but it roughly works out to be $108 per person which I personally would be disgruntled to pay.

Daijobu!

if you show up early with a smile, they will let up to 30kg slide.

if you show up late, when it is crowded and they're flustered and the last thing they want to deal with is a giant piece of oversize luggage, they are more likely to enforce the baggage allowance.

i'd like getting there early, checking-in smoothly and spending an hour of my time sipping a beer at the airport bar...

Everyone seems to hate them. Deserved I suppose, but others I have flown with don't seem much different. Fact is that if they are the cheapest way to get back to the UK which they often are, you are not rich and unless you want to go via some mad route people will still use them and save their pennies.