OK you asked for it.

1)Bullet train to Nagano. Great experience for everyone. Fast train. Buy a bento box for lunch at Tokyo station as the Japanese do and catch a glimpse of Mt Fuji on your way out of Tokyo.

Arrive into Nagano and jump on the bus. Maybe some snow when you get to Nagano. It will at least have an icy chill in the air that you know snow is close by. Great trip watching the snow depth grow as you drive the 50 minutes through beautiful valleys next to a pristine river.

Arrive into Hakuba. Wow they are big mountains. How many resorts are here?

This is where I might get some criticism for talking about my place but I was asked.

We pick you up in one of our deluxe 4wd Delica's from Happo Station and our courteous staff will load your bags and chauffeur you to our establishment. \:\)

Speed things up a bit and next thing you know you are up at the top of Happo One on a blue bird powder day making first tracks as you have taken advantage of our mountain guide service. Hopefully I am the one taking you up on the mountain and showing you the best lines. Oh, and I do allow others to drop in first sometimes. (however,you snooze you lose). Epic morning session with no lift lines, some sweet tree skiing and we are all amazed at how the 5YO can glide in the pow. 10:30 is time for a hot chocolate at the Virgin Cafe (best I have ever had). A few more lines and I leave you with the mountain sussed. We have arranged the kids to be in ski school for the afternoon so after a meal in one of the restaurants we have recommended, you and your lovely wife can enjoy some free time to discover the mountain a little more.

4:30 our driver picks you all up and drives the 5 minutes to Echoland. Private onsen with your wife and a bottle of wine as the kids watch a movie in the room (babysitter available). A bottle of chardonnay in the bar before choosing which one of the 10 or so restaurants in Echoland to choose for this evenings culinary experience.

A brilliant day and an even better one the next because it has been snowing since you got off the mountain and everyone is heading for Cortina in the morning.

Did I mention that I will be in the bar for a chat as well.

I love my life

Hakuba is a great place. I came here for a holiday and loved it so much I bought a place here.

lol.gif

Thanks for that totally unbiased insight to the delights of Hakuba TJ. I am a bit concerned that there was no mention of a massage in between the Champagne and private onsen.

I will PM you in the near future and hold you to that beer and guided mountain tour. thumbsup.gif

Originally Posted By: Mantas
lol.gif
Thanks for that totally unbiased insight to the delights of Hakuba TJ. I am a bit concerned that there was no mention of a massage in between the Champagne and private onsen.

I will PM you in the near future and hold you to that beer and guided mountain tour. thumbsup.gif

Definately massage available, I just couldn't fit it into your first day. I actually had our masseur over last Tuesday for an hour session. Quality assurance assessment of course. thumbsup.gif \:D
  • 2 weeks later...