Checking your own data after spending time at a resort

My mate in Sweden wrote about this on his blog a while back, and I just thought of mentioning it here. After spending a week snowboarding in Italy he was able to login to the resort website and check things like number of lifts taken, estimated vertical drop during time there, etc. His blog shows the report. Have a look here http://very-nice-things.blogspot.com/2007/03/ski-data.html I reckon it would be a pretty cool thing to be able to see after spending a lot of time on a mountain, useless, but cool.

i wonder how accurate those things are?

when they scan your chip i'd say they'd be pretty spot on, but i dunno bout those handheld scanners (like they have in north america). i rode about 80 days in a season in canda a few years ago, and in my last week i asked the lifty how many days i'd registered as she scanned my pass. it only came up with 20. my mate (who i rode with for all 80 dys) was coming up with 40. i kept a diary of days on the hill, and i was definitely at about 80.

there i was, trying to act all cool in front of a cute liftie, and i just looked like a bloke who rode the odd day here and there blush.gif

yeah, i would think if you have a chip pass and beep into each lift, it would be pretty easy for them to keep track of amount of lifts, where you ride etc.

i'm sure they already track this info for resort management purposes, so giving it to you as a souvenier is a nice bonus.

on top of trying to hit X number of days in a season, you could go for a certain amount of distance coevered based on the lifts that you rode. it would make for a few fun cmps with mates if you could all register for a 'team' and view each others results...

yeah yeah.... But the snow would be really light, right??!!

Hey, your friend didn't get much vert in six days of skiing. --30 000 meters? --I reckon you could get that much in a day if you push it.

unlike cb, i didn't actually get wet, but i almost fell into a creek once. luckily it was only narrow and i somehow managed to slam into the bed on the other side and somehow scramble out unscathed.

on the plus side it would have given me an extra 1m of vert on my altimeter