I can't understand it. Why do the tabloid press sell so much? It is utter junk.

Just look at this from todays Sun in the UK:

Quote:
Slimy MAROON 5 frontman ADAM LEVINE has slammed former partner MARIA SHARAPOVA's behaviour between the sheets.

The grubby character has revealed intimate secrets of their sex life to explain why their brief courtship ended.

And the pretty tennis star's lack of volume in the bedroom tore the lovers apart.

Levine said: "She wouldn’t make any noise during sex.

"I can't tell you how disappointed I was. I really thought, like a lot of guys, that she'd be the loud screaming type.

"But instead, she just lay there like a dead frog. She even got angry if I started to moan, said it 'ruined her concentration'.

I mean, what value does that have?

Is this the reason for the decline of our culture?

We really shouldn't encourage them.

i actually found that article really interesting. i am one of the "guys" they referred to who would have thought she'd be loud as hell in the sack. i've even thought it would be too much to deal with, and i crossed her off my list of potential life partners

The reason that you buy the sun is for the hooters on page 3!!!?? Duh!

Also the sport tends to be decent in Tabloids, which is why I buy a paper in the firstplace, and who could not like Dear Deirdre??

The broadsheets are too much of a hassle to read, pages are too big etc, tabloids are good cos they are easy to handle, you can balance them on your knee, while eating a bacon roll in the cab of a transit van \:D

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
tabloids are good cos they are easy to handle, you can balance them on your knee, while eating a bacon roll in the cab of a transit van \:D

i think that about sums it up perfectly lol.gif
 Originally Posted By: thursday
you are all missing the point. What was she concentrating on?

she was obviously trying not to think of the fact that she had the lead singer of maroon 5 on top of her.
their music makes most people want to puke, so i can't even imagine what it would be like to have one of them boinking you

the free world hangs in the balance depending on the outcome of the Freegan dissing thread and you guys are discussing page 3 versus page 7.

What Maria was thinking:

"these balls are smaller than what I ususally play with"

Originally Posted By: thursday

What Maria was thinking:
"these balls are smaller than what I ususally play with"

we are talking about maroon 5 here. i don't think dem balls have much in the way of smarts
 Originally Posted By: 2pints,mate
I can't understand it. Why do the tabloid press sell so much? It is utter junk.

I have to agree Two pints. The UK tabloids seem to be the worst. It's all well and good to blame the press, but who's buying the papers???????

hahaha, Maroon5 are a shite band. But come on, the Sun is a great read. Light Hearted shite with a good slodge of football and tits on page 3 to boot!! If you want to read serious stories you obviously don't buy the Sun.

RE the who buys it, its bought by every tradesman in the UK. If its not the sun then its the Daily Star, Daily Record, The Mirror or some mixture of all of them....sometimes even the Daily Sport!

Quote:
That begs the question, mate, why are you reading The Sun?

Well only sometimes and usually to check out the silly footie headlines every now and again....... and I would never even entertain the idea of actually spending cash on buying the thing - that's what I mean really... how many copies do they sell every day?

Maybe if Britain had a decent sports paper, many blokes wouldn't buy the tabloids. France has "L'Equipe" and Spain "La Marca". Both are supposed to be pretty good. Britain has the "Sunday Sport" but the headlines in that are "WWII Bomber found on Moon".

Its kind of ironic that the OP's story is actually far juicier than the average tab's titillation. Normally they promise everything but deliver very little. Just a picture of some slapper in fishnets that claims to have been with (insert semi-famous person) and that he had a huge knob. The OP's story is actually pretty good (!), if not for general family consumption. Its almost worthy of discussion. I reckon he needs to shout "forehand!" every time he gives it to her. She grunts with the best of them every time she hits one of them!

It was widely rumoured that Mick Hucknall used to have a thing going with Steffi Graf. A real thunderthighs, or so he claimed.

DECO FOR THE TOON!

Mick Huchnall apparently had this incredible ability to seduce fit ladies. He was hardly a looker himself. I wonder what it was? ;\) Recently he looks like he has eaten the Hyper Pie Factory in central Wigan (twice).

The tabloids are throwaway and lightweight (both physically and in terms of content), plus cheap. You can spend your 10-20p, flip through the pictures, read maybe 100 words and then leave it on the train with satisfaction.

The broadsheets require more commitment of time to get value for money.

Additionally, many people are too dim to read a lot and so they would never consider a broadsheet.