• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glentress is awesome mtb track. I love going down there and tearing through the forests. There are loads of forest that have great trails for MTBing but aren't officially designated for MTBing so the tracks aren't maintained.

Not really, its just regular forestry land that has walking trails etc, but they are really good for MTBing. My job over there was a Youth Worker in a high school, so I used to take groups out every thursday and we'd go and do various outdoor sports, MTBing was one of them. I got to know loadsa good MTBing places in forests that are really close to the city, places where I wouldn't have thought about going with the bike. It was awesome. Its just that the forestry commission won't maintain them specifically for MTBing. So sometimes you can run into walkers or horse riders etc

yes we had similar in gisburn forest....pretty poor on the mtbing but lots of good un-official tracks though they did get boggy in winter..i.e not maintained

i guess thats what Japan needs good flapjacks!

No kidding - What they need is a deidicated Mtbing centre kind of like Glentress or Coed-y- Brenin in Wales.

Unless they already have one?

Thursday. I am just geting away for the weekend. I only live about 2 hours from Glencoe.I will start off there and see were the mood takes me. I have not had a break since my hols. at Easter and if I can figger out how to put photos on the forum I will show you.

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Malts are the original, unchanged whisky. The distiller hasn't mixed it with any other type of whisky.

The Blends as the name suggests is a mixture of many whiskies, first started mainly as a profit making venture. The idea being that the overall taste of the blend is better than the individual flavour of each whisky. Many people think that poorer whisky is used in blends but this isn't always the case. By law each ingredient whisky must've been aged for at least 3 years, but in many regular blends there can be whisky that is up 25 years old.

I guess it all comes down to taste, and as with the beer thread, I'm sure there will be a lot of whisky snobbery going on. Me, I don7t touch the stuff

Yes true but they use the dregs from each barrel and blend them, so you started out with decent whisky, but the blending process really reduces the quality. The only blended whisky worth drinking is royal house.

however give me a good Longmorn. that `ll put hair on any part of anyones`s body. nice formaldehyd effect after drinking.

wow havenae been hame in 7 years. lang may your lumb reek etc.
 Originally Posted By: spacefrog
 Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Malts are the original, unchanged whisky. The distiller hasn't mixed it with any other type of whisky.

The Blends as the name suggests is a mixture of many whiskies, first started mainly as a profit making venture. The idea being that the overall taste of the blend is better than the individual flavour of each whisky. Many people think that poorer whisky is used in blends but this isn't always the case. By law each ingredient whisky must've been aged for at least 3 years, but in many regular blends there can be whisky that is up 25 years old.

I guess it all comes down to taste, and as with the beer thread, I'm sure there will be a lot of whisky snobbery going on. Me, I don7t touch the stuff

Yes true but they use the dregs from each barrel and blend them, so you started out with decent whisky, but the blending process really reduces the quality. The only blended whisky worth drinking is royal house.

however give me a good Longmorn. that `ll put hair on any part of anyones`s body. nice formaldehyd effect after drinking.

wow havenae been hame in 7 years. lang may your lumb reek etc.

where are ye fae, spacefrog?