Originally Posted By: Indo
 Originally Posted By: SirJibAlot

Vid please? I'm definately going to get an EVO X - it's a must have.

I'll set up a youtube and PM you the link.

me too please!
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First car in Japan was a Mazda MX7, nice car and handled well (4 wheeled steering) but just not practical and couldn't fit anything in it, now I have an Ipsum which I really like and packs shed loads of gear in, alos a Suzuki Kei Van at work which carts turtles about nicely!

However just found out that the Ipsum is called a Toyota Picnic back in UK, just took any street cred out of it that I may have previously had!!

Originally Posted By: Fossil

For those who want a fairly balanced and well informed view on the new hybrids go here.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/main.jhtml?xml=/motoring/2007/06/30/nosplit/mfprius30.xml

Thats a nice looking car youve got Fossil, but the article about the Prius is rubbish. Any article that quotes "CNW Marketing" (you know what marketing means?) as scientific gospel has no credibility. Its like saying Iraq has WMD because someone said so.

A lot of the problem people have with the Prius is that the dismiss Prius owners as "sanctimonious" and "pious". The linked article does so too with its snidey point-scoring comments about diCaprio or whoever. Well if that is what you people think, you should read the "Prius Chat" website. Its forum is full of real-life (i.e., not imaginary) Prius owners posting links to other economically friendly cars like the Tesla electric sports car, Smart cars, or the MiEV. Europeans should note that many of the economical diesels are not on sale in Japan or the US because they fail PM/NOx emissions tests. If they were on sale, I bet a good number of Prius owners would drive one for the comparable mileage. They come in a bigger range of sizes and models than the Prius after all.

As for biodiesel and ethanol, their miniscule current use is already causing higher food prices. Farmers producing feedstock also have no incentive to produce safer crops or to not plant GMO. If no-one is eating a crop, all that matters is short-term yield. Ferk the bees! etc. Using waste oil from fish'n'chips or waste material from sugar cane are great, but essentially trying to grow petrol is an environmental disaster. First must be reducing energy. Incidently that is what a Prius does after the first 30,000km of savings cancel out the additional components. That particular argument is like complaining about double glazing using twice the amount of glass. Or insulation using more resources and making your house more expensive to build.

I like hybrids. I like the RX400h but that's cos I like SUVs.

The LS600h is totally senseless and is sold solely for political reasons. You government officials need to be seen to care.

Anybody who can afford an LS600h will not give a damn about fuel costs. They can claim it back through business expenses or whatever.

Originally Posted By: thursday

Anybody who can afford an LS600h will not give a damn about fuel costs. They can claim it back through business expenses or whatever.

My thoughts exactly.

bought a new Paejro last month....don't buy a car with the wife...we ended up buying two...one full size and one paejro mini...

bonus question was is pajero in spanish?

I drive a Pajero as well (And the Spanish thing is an Urban Myth). Nice vehicles and as I do around 60,000km a year I need a good vehicle. I have booked a Subaru 4WD Wagon for when I am in Japan Dec/Jan which is another vehicle I like (to rent but not own, to small)

pajero2001_mitsu.jpg

Its my fourth one stemik, the newer ones are excellent on snow but not with the tyres they come with , I switch them to Bridgestone AT'S and that gives me the traction I need.

I also need the 4WD on my property when its we as I have a slippery driveway thats over 200mtrs long. I havent used them off road to often some nice tracks in the mountains and alone a few beaches etc but they are a fun vehicle.

Mind you with fuel here at $1.45 a litre (145yen) they are not a cheap car to drive.

Originally Posted By: ausi ski bum
Its my fourth one stemik, the newer ones are excellent on snow but not with the tyres they come with , I switch them to Bridgestone AT'S and that gives me the traction I need.

I also need the 4WD on my property when its we as I have a slippery driveway thats over 200mtrs long. I havent used them off road to often some nice tracks in the mountains and alone a few beaches etc but they are a fun vehicle.

Mind you with fuel here at $1.45 a litre (145yen) they are not a cheap car to drive.

still cheaper than the UK for petrol!