• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK my first car (my old mans)

turbo_datsun.jpg

first bought with my own cash. Was from my Grandfather's concrete cutting biz and on LPG so far coast runs cost me nothing and the other groms a few bucks!

3B100042.jpg

Then this.. still owned in OZ.

DSC03126-1.jpg

My baby who is no longer with me....

EvoVII013.jpg

and my current beast now, lacking boost!

IMG_0319_3.jpg

Originally Posted By: soubriquet
Any hybrid or electric in that collection? \:\)

err, no.. But I do have an electric powerpoint in my Hiace that I can plug my computer in while leaving the car running so that I stay cool while watching my movie!

Z4, a hairdressers car?
 Originally Posted By: thursday
Z4, yeah lots of room in the engine bay for the hairdryer and brushes. But the engine will rev so hard to get to your salon 5 mins across town, it'll melt your hairdyer.
The beauty of this beast is that you don,t have to rev.your engine hard. But you could do lol.gif
 Originally Posted By: SirJibAlot
Indo,
What happened to the EVO?!?!?! I'm thinking about picking one of those up along with an MDX for the wife.

I sent it back to OZ and sold it for a very decent sum. I'd like to get another one soon as the Evo X should be out later this year and prices should drop. I didn't know how much I missed it till I watched a few clips of a bit of fun around Nagoya thanks to my CarCam!

2006 Holden (Opel) Astra HDTI Turbo Diesel (1000km/52L)

1982 Fiat X1/9 (Hybridised with Toyota 1331cc 16v turbo motor and box 100kw at the wheels). Ive no idea of the fuel comsumption but it can fly!

For those who want a fairly balanced and well informed view on the new hybrids go here.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/main.jhtml?xml=/motoring/2007/06/30/nosplit/mfprius30.xml

myx1.91.jpg

Well my car doesn't fly but I did manage to convince a couple of my 6 and 7-year old students that it was a hybrid helicopter and that that was what I used when I wanted to go back to the UK!

...oh and it has only ever been washed once when I was pregnant (part of the nesting instinct, makes you want to clean everything just before you give birth)

This was 3 days before going into labour! Feeling fat!

n687966147_84339_8896.jpg

Stageas are the station waggon version of the Skyline, they use the same drivetrain and similar suspension setup. Stageas are very very nice cars and have a wealth of natty extras. They come in a variety of specs including an awd twin turbo firebreathing tyre shredder.

I looked at getting one but the power and great fuel economy of the Astra won me over.

We never actually have to dig ourselves out. The snowplough comes through at 4am and does most of the work. It's my job to clear the rest by hand. Sometimes 2-3 times per day. It takes a lot of time.

We had 16 metres of snow that year.

Originally Posted By: Indo
 Originally Posted By: SirJibAlot
Indo,
What happened to the EVO?!?!?! I'm thinking about picking one of those up along with an MDX for the wife.

I sent it back to OZ and sold it for a very decent sum. I'd like to get another one soon as the Evo X should be out later this year and prices should drop. I didn't know how much I missed it till I watched a few clips of a bit of fun around Nagoya thanks to my CarCam!

Vid please? I'm definately going to get an EVO X - it's a must have.

Skyline = good, me wants one of them too....but still don't sell in the US. I once checked out how much it is to bring one into the US.

$98,000!!!!!!!

Mainly becuase there are a number of mods that need to be made to make it street legal in the US and those mods are not cheap. That's probably why Nissan never brought it in, the EVO was much easier to modify for Mitsubishi.

The Polo Bluemotion may be fruegal and be zero tax, but it will still have to pay the congestion charge in London, whereas the prius, being less freugal will not.

Well done Ken, you got your nut screwed on backwards.