Hey,

This is our first season riding in Japan and Im wondering if anyone can suggest how we can purchase earlybird lift passes for Happo Ne, we have tried their site but as we are non Japanese speaking folk it presented us with a few fundamental problems!

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Dex

Welcome dex.

Actually I am not sure that Happo do an early bird pass. We get a cheap one as we are members of the Bar Owners Association. Standard price is still cheap if you compare it to Oz resorts.

65000 for the happo only pass

70000 for the shiga kogen happo pass. The shiga part is a waste unless you are really gonna hit up both. The way the tickets work the shiga happo one is a pain in the arse.

Cause for the most part people stick to one place. The Card is a pain on a powder day as you have to wait for the lift to open. You always have to have a 1000 yen also.

The passes wont go on sale for a while. To get cheaper (business) passes you have join clubs. Those clubs can only be joined by certain groups within Hakuba. Some areas dont fall into the Happo deal set so you have to research. The Goryu business passes are cheaper but I hate goryu and the way they patrol and harass you. So I go around them and into a different group to get their cheaper passes.

PS any cheaper passes are only for Hakuba businesses. Unless you have an operation in Hakuba you cant get these cheaper passes so please dont waste time asking.

Happo 65000

Sun Alpina combined 30000

Goryu/47 earlybird under 50000 i think

Tsugaike/iwatake/norikura maybe cortina single resort earlybird 30000

Tsugaike/iwatake/norikura/Cortina combined pass i think always available for 50000 yen. (will need access to a car or youll have to pay 1000 plus yen a day in shuttles.)

That is pretty close to the prices.

Thanks FT....so am I right thinking that on powder days they will groom all the piste before they open the lifts?

Whats the 1000yen for?

Got it!

You should be able to get a pass from your wife or from the kids club if you are helping out. Beware though sliding out of bounds at some resorts and getting caught with the club pass doesnt float well.

not too sure if the wife can wrangle one...a bit envious she gets a pass for all the Hakuba mountains...

My daughter is going to be in Happo racing club so might be a chance there....

keep you posted

nice one. I think she'll be pleased. I hear a lot drop out of Happo Racing Club - too hard for them training after school 4 days a week and racing on the weekend

Originally Posted By: Fattwins
I dont need a 5 dollar coffee ever.

nope, only wine right? lol.gif lol.gif :p

Starbucks is shite. I drink much better stuff and make my own cappuccinos at home. I spoiled myself with a nice cappuccino machines when I got my new job \:D

OK as far as I know fattwins. I think the other side of the river has a firmer base, doesn't seem to shake as much as nearby over here. I'm far from expert on the subject!