Updated: SJ Summer beach & BBQ, now with turtles!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah mate, I skinned the things myself (if that is possible...) I pulled them outta the little shells myself mate after catching them in my drift nets. Tough little buggers to get out too, they are. And that screaming noise they make as they separate from their shell lining...

leatherbacks grow to be about 8 feet long and weigh half a tonne. They shoot off 100 eggs at a time at about eight times a year and expect about 2 of those hatchlings at each burial to make it into the sea. Hopeless odds.

So I guess leatherbacks, beinbg the name will not have nice red shells.

Originally Posted By: me jane
Where: Fjef's surfer hostel place in Chiba
It's at the southern end of the Kujukiri Beach strip, 65 minutes from Tokyo Station on the Sotobo line. Walking distance from Torami or Taito Stn. Pick up available from Kazusa-Ichinomiya stn.
Yahoo map link

Jane, just noticed that the link with the map you ve posted is somewere in Gifu-ken. \:\)

Thanks for pointing that out, Tsonda.

That's really wierd. I just checked it again and now the link is in the middle of the sea near Fukushima! I guess Yahoo changes the addresses.

Probably best if anyone wants to know where it is, PM's me or fjef directly.

• 2 weeks later...

I am already planning about my next time there slow.

Should I give you a call? grin.gif

Thanks for everything Jef and Rob and the rest of the SJ crew that was there last weekend. I had a great time.

Put up some of the vids and picks Jef. smile.gif