Updated: SJ Summer beach & BBQ, now with turtles!

When: Sat 25th & Sun 26th August

(Arrive Fri night if you want, no check out time on Sunday)

Where: Fjef's surfer hostel place in Chiba

It's at the southern end of the Kujukiri Beach strip, 65 minutes from Tokyo Station on the Sotobo line. Walking distance from Torami or Taito Stn. Pick up available from Kazusa-Ichinomiya stn.

Yahoo map link

Who: SJers & friends.

How much: 3000 yen per person for a bunk or futon in the house (or 5000 for Fri & Sat), 1500 per person per night if you bring your own tent, both including full use of kitchen, bathroom & living room in the house.

Stuff to do for free:

Surfing, body boarding, a small sailboat/windsurfer thing for a little lake behind the house, swimming, sunbathing, running naked around the beach, big movie screen in the house, babysitting me mini Tarzan...

Optional stuff we can pay for:

Beer - around 500 yen a pint for 20 litre nama keg or just buy what we want locally

Food - 1500 for a Sat night BBQ (leftovers BBQ'd up on Sunday), 1000 yen for Sun breakfast

Surf lessons - base 3000/hour but may be cheaper

Sailing (weather & ocean permitting) - Cost of petrol & food

SJ will be sending along some stickers.

These will be awarded for outstanding behaviour clap.gif

Post here or pm me if you are interested. I'll have space in the car for anyone near Yokohama.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Saturday morning probably cos I'm working until 7 on Friday and another friend is working until 9ish.

At the mo I'm bringing two non-SJ's, possibly 3. One is actually a snowboarding lurker on here, one's an old J-student and the possible is a friend visiting from Oz. The old student lives in Kanda so she might be better going with you if the timing works out.

What are your plans?

Originally Posted By: me jane
The old student lives in Kanda so she might be better going with you if the timing works out.

Send me a pick of her, to see if it worth’s the trouble picking her up from kanda. ;\)

Not any planning yet, was thinking to go there from Friday night so that I can have an early start on Saturday morning, (same as snowboarding \:D ). I will also most probably finish late on Friday. I am thinking about taking the train there, car is too much a hassle in Tokyo.

UPDATE:

There is a possibility that Farquah will be able to arrange a release of green turtles near us!

clap.gif clap.gif

Need to get sorted with numbers and stuff though so let me know or post here if you are thinking about coming.

I thought I was going crazy there, I clicked on 2 threads only to see your "Bump" posts!! Took me a few minutes in a hungover haze to figure out what you meant!!!

hehehe