Kutchan had an average temp of 17.3 degrees which is the warmest June from the records going back to 1944. Previous warmest June was 17.1 degrees. What's it been like in your part of Japan?

(just made a little edit as the average was 17.3 not 17.5, still the warmest though)

Thats interesting. I would have guessed that round here it was a cooler June than usual. I suppose it was hotter around the beginning (June, forgot?) and it has cooled down but it doesn't strike me as being particularly hot as yet.

Certainly warmer than 17.5 though!

Tokyo was a little warmer than usual with an average of 23.2 (the average is 21.8).

It seems the northern half of Honshu and Hokkaido were well above average with the southern half close to average.

Kutchan only received 10.5mm of rain in June which is the second lowest June total since '44. The lowest was in 1985 receiving only 7.5mm. The 85/86 snow season though Kutchan received 15.2m of snow. Let's hope we have a repeat of that year this coming season \:\)

Ha ha Native...when it comes to summers, you Hokkaido residents don't know you're born!

Hokkaido is without any doubt the best place to be in Japan in summer - and in winter, too. Frankly, I don't know what I am doing in this place. Tokyo has only money going for it.

Ban Tokyo, as they say.

Here's to an early start to the season - snow in Kutchan by end of October

Its been hot enough down in Kanagawa. Today was the coolest it has been in June at 7.30 in the morning, 21C. Usually its about 25-26C at 7.30 in the morning. (I pass a giant digital display board of the temperature everyday going to work)Today wasn't humid, but yesterday was cloudy and humid as ****, not nice. Thankfully I have been able to ditch the monkey suit and wear shorts and t-shirt to work!!

Originally Posted By: joshnii
Hokkaido in summer - does it escape this bothersome humidity?

Last couple of years it has got a little humid for a few weeks in August with temps in the high 20's. We can even get a little over 30 now and again, and boy do we struggle when it does that grin.gif

If you can spare the time, Hokkaido in summer's great. Beer gardens in Sapporo, warm but fresh air, sushi at Otaru, hiking... I recommend it all, and I am very envious of you guys living up there.

Enjoy

whats it like to get a job up there?? I really fancy it in a couple of years, but dunno if there are the same working opportunities as there are down here. It would just be the usual English teaching nonsense, but like I say i really fancy Hokkaido