Anyone into rainy season yet? We seem to get rain every so often now sometimes really strong but I don't think we are in rainy season yet. It is getting quite humid though. I'm at home today and it's really hot in here, I really should get out!

Rainy season is such a pain.

Down on Shikoku I've started hearing concerns about the lack of rain. The weather's been great but we need rain soon. I love summer. Makes me feel like I live in the tropics. --Even rainy season. I love swimming in the pool in the pouring rain. It's great when it hasn't started raining yet but the clouds are saturated, heavy and dark grey.... or when you're trying to get home before it starts pouring and you can hear the rain 500 meters away, as you cross the railway tracks.

Then the heat comes. There's nothing like diving into a clear blue river on a hot and sweaty day..... but that's off topic.

Ger, diving into those Shikoku rivers is awesome! I remember one particular spot me and CB found way up in the mountins in Shikoku. It was the far upper reaches of the Shimanto River, and the small pool was crystal clear!

Back on topic. I like it too, but not getting caught in it. I heard on the news about a week ago that the middle and latter half of June will be a lot wetter.

Think it officially started last Wed here. Hasn't rained since it started though.

Edit: Was reliably shifty.gif informed at lunch today that it hasn't started here yet but that it's late and it should have.

I got into a fight with my wife over this on the weekend. It was pissing down rain, but she insisted that the rainy season doesn't officially start until next Sat. (in Tokyo). Let's see, it rained Sat., Sun., and today...but the rainy season doesn't start until next weekend....hmmmmmm

• 1 month later...