haha, maybe our concepts of speed are different! they were 'cruising' down decent sized gentle hills and doing these beautiful carving gturns from one side of the road to another... still, there were consequences for any stack

that clip is gnarly! it's enough to convince me to stay of the bitumen. i'm waiting for the snow! having said that i'll probably much around on a skate longboard this weekend. my mates will kill a hill outside their house, i'll probably just take on the (almost flat) end section

if you've got any, some carveboard pics would be good mantas..

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on punks. I'll bet you both wear protection on your hardest and least usefull components when on snow. Hands are the most vulnerable parts of your body. I love riding a motorbike with no helmet; wind in the hair. I always wear gloves.

I SHOULD wear a helmet and I SHOULD wear gloves, but I dont.

A bad example to all the kids in the neigbourhood, I'm so ashamed. shifty.gif

I think most people are to pre-occupied with thinking "what's an old c#%t like that doing riding a skateboard" , rather than worrying about safety equipment.

We've had a couple of debates here, with the safety nazis bullshitting about helmets. I'd wear one if I skied in the trees, and I'd have put one on No2 son if he continued skiing at the speed he did before a major stack.

Not having a go at anyone, nothing personal, but it's hypocrytical to advocate helmets when gloves are the No1 safety wear item.