I want to replace my basic wordtank (IDF-2100) with one that has more example sentences, bigger screen and a bigger ei-wa dictionary. As I reach upper 2-kyu I find my compact one lacking at times.

Has anyone here bought a wordtank lately?

Maybe we can do a deal on mine when I get my new one.

Always heard that Canon Wordtank is 'the one' for study of Japanese as it has a few features the others dont have that are great for non-natives.

Are those things made for Japanese learning English or the other way round (or both)? And easy to use if you can't enter stuff in Japanese?

Id be interested to know what those features are Bobby. Could you give a few exs for us preeze? Im gonna check out the denkiya san this weekend and have a look. I know what I like about Casio (and Bushy the new Casio I got is the XD-WP6800) which is why Ive stuck with it.

cheers CB.

I need to get a new one, and am thinking about sticking with casio, cos I really like my old one, but I'd also like to hear what those extra features might be Bobby.

I cant remember exactly but I think the extra features are this:

* 'Jump' function - highlight any word in the example/definition text and jump to a definition of that word

* 'History' function - see what words you looked up recently (serves as a revision tool)

Does your Casio have that?

I have the V80. Not only does it have Japanese, it has Chinese as well (that's useful in Kabukicho). You can also draw the kanji if you have now clue what it is and it will give you J and E explainations. Now, if only I could speak Japanese....