Can someone tell me what resorts are within 1-2 hours of Iida (Southern NAgano) that I can go riding at?

I don't want to hit Jibuzaka or Araragi (looking for larger mountains with POW and a board park). I'm looking for a resort where the ride lasts more than 30 seconds, none of that small shiz.

those highways are usally fine they will slow you down when they are in bad shape. They will drive the salt trucks in a way that you cant pass em its slow but you get there safe.

Them local roads be the worst. 2 weeks ago the road into hakuba from omachi was complete ice. Just drive slow and pull over if someone is bothering you from behind.

The only place I know in the southern area is norikura onsen kogen. Not bad but you have to find the trees. Off the back of the bubble quad walk into the trees and then hook a left or right. One way leads you towards a river then under the chair slightly the other into a tree chute. I have seem avies in the trees here big ones on warm days. The other way dont go to the little river stop short and slide out right.

I figure I wont be going back there but this place too much ender so im offering up something. This resort is known as a touring heaven, the resort is too low for my tastes.

When are you returning to Hakuba I wish to share and see more of what I dont know.

I'll recommend Kiso Ontake!

looooong ride, board park, Gondola, high altitude.

backcountry?? dunno, if anyone knows the place better, i too would love some info!

i really like that place and the people there, but so far the whole resort is not open, but you can still get a 4 km ride. We still need the last 2 km at the bottom and the "Champion course" to open.

Yeah, i know Hakuba and Nozawa are better, but Ontake (and Norikura) is as far as i can make it alone on a friday night, driving alone.

ATB

Thunder (now with less gas:) )