Whistler/Blackcomb is rated pretty much number 1 in NOrth America and its a world class resort. Good riding and good night life. Party it up while you're there!

Oh yeah, the day passes are 70 bucks (yeah, expensive) but its good for both mountains. You can buy discount tickets from 7-11 in Vancouver. They don't sell them at the 7-11 in Squamish nor at the one in Whistler. They are about 50 bucks, 20 dollar discount so you you can't complain.

The local mountains in Vancouver actually have more snow than whistler. I think Cypress and Symour have almost 400 cm. But when you ride Whistler, it feels like there is way more than what they say they have.

Hope this helps,

Whistler/Blackcomb is incredible! I'll be making a trip there next year. My 'big' ski trip this year will be going up to Niseko/Hirafu.

amandanism - you should be okay to go during that time of the year. You can ski on the blackcomb glacier year round I believe. With the snow season they are having right now, there should be plenty left through the spring up higher especially.

rck2 - go to the very top of Whistler Mountain, ignore the little signs with he funny diamond shaped symbols on them and drop off the backside of the mountain. That should get you better quick!

They usually close on Easter weekend if my memory serves me correct. Shut down for like 1-2 months and then the glacier re-opens in like july or august. 10 / 12 months of the year ain't too shabby.

Yeah, if you drop off the back of the peak chair on Whistler, there is tons of untouched pow and trees. Fun stuff.............

The terrain park on Whistler is free,lots of jibbing going on, Blackcomb has some huge table tops but you have to pay like 15 bucks to use it on top of your lift ticket but its good for the whole season. There is also another terrain park on Blackcomb that is free to use for everyone.

When Dane and I were there the 2nd week of Dec. the free "terrain" park at BC was a rail park. Not a single jump. We did find some nice kickers a quick hike back behind the lodge at the bottom of jersey/glacier though.

You won't have any problem finding gear in Vancouver. There are shops all over Robson and a bunch situated over near the North side of the University as well. I found the prices to be a little higher than the Seattle area though.