• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BIG ISLAND NO KA OI! I'll be on Oahu next week setting up a mortgage for my new Ala Moana (ward ave) condo. It'll be lomi lomi salmon, lau lau, poke and the ono'est grinds I can find for a solid 10 days! Sorry bradahs!

Oh, I went grad from Hilo High 'den UH Manoa.

Shaka

no need - I can get L&L when I visit Cali next week! No doubt - they have L&L on the mainland...if only we could get one set-up in Tokyo....

Oh, wait - I need a few pounds of Zippy's Chili too!

Zippy's! 3am after a night out at the wave; chili, portagee omelet sandwich and zippy's fries. For a more daring experience hit the zippy's on Vinyard at 3am.

Kua'aina Burger is always a quick fix when your jonzing for something from home!

The Zippy's on kapahulu is also dicey at 3am...Although, last time I rolled thru there, HPD was hangin in the parking lot.

I hit the Kua'aina at least once a month. But not as good as Haleiwa. Are you in Japan now or Hawaii?

I'm currently in Japan. On the hamakua coast I ride Honolii or secrets down by Po'ohike. When in Kona I'll bust out the body board in the winter and camp out at Hapuna beach. Captain Cook also has some good, not too popular spots. Also on the Hilo side I used to ride a place in front of the sugar mill. It's been so long i forget the name but i think it Pepekoa. And Waipio valley is always a great place to camp and surf!

On kaua'i I always ride with da bradahs from

Kapaa. poipu is a little too touresty.

Sendai sucks. I ride Sendai shinko in typhoon season or head south to Shizuoka (omaezaaki) when the weathers good. I'm spoiled, I don't do winter wetsuit surfing. To the guys/gals that do I give you your props but I just didn't grow up that way.

I hear you - I can't deal with cold water.

My favorite spots on Oahu:

Chun's Reef, N.Shore (hate the super strong current)

King's - Haleiwa (home of the freak set)

Kuni's - Waikiki (only breaks when there is a big S. Swell)

Wall's/Graveyard's - Waikiki (love the backwash)

Public's - Waikiki (scarry during low-tide - almost impaled myself there)

Ala Moana Bowl - (always popular, but tough to get in the lineup as a haole)

Barber's Point - (only on a super windy day to get that washing machine effect!)

>Ala Moana Bowl - (always popular, but tough to get in the lineup as a haole)

Barber's Point - (only on a super windy day to get that washing machine effect!)

true dat bout Ala Moana - found it easier round other parts of Waikiki.

Barbers was my back yard for a long time...Would have a long bike ride to the beach with my training partners then surf all day...ahhh Paradise!!

There is this one semi secret spot in Waikiki near the Hilton Rainbow tower and the helicopter port that none of the locals like to go to. When the S. Shore is going off, that's a good place to hit. The most people I have seen there at one time is like 5. I think the locals feel it's too touristy...but waves are waves!

The last time I was there, we surfed a few spots on the south coast around The Cliff and Lighthouse. It wasn't a bad size this day.

I was wondering just how big do those south swells get?

DSCF0615.jpg?t=1175894267