• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jesus, for those hours, you'd want to be getting close on 7-800K with BIG bonus x 3!

BP, don't worry about the flack mate, I'm in your position... Last year, might work a few saturdays to grab as much as I can B4 we leave. Won't be doing that shiat on weekends in OZ. That's for surfing! (because there are waves there!)

"if it's still in one piece!"

Or nicked, more likely. You won't be able to leave it running while you nip into the supermarket or deli. I bet brother enjoys getting to the beach in record time though.

I suggested to soubriquette, that if she really loved me, she'd buy me a new Legacy turbo. Her response: "I love you, but not that much". I'd love to have a trail bike here. There are heaps of great gravel roads, and I don't like beating up her car bush bashing.

Congats, since even though I'm not 100% sure what tenure is, but have figured it out from the conversation, it sounds like it's something that you really want. Personally the idea of 'never leaving' or having a job with long hours like that 'forever' isn't my own cup of tea.... so I'm with FT - I'd rather have the free time to do what I love. But it's also nice to stack up big time on the nest egg, so I can understand wanting to set up your future. So if you enjoy your work and the $ and opportunities it's going to give you then that's great, even with the X amount of years of long hours you know enough to know if it's worth it to you. You do get long holidays though, don't you? (just not in the ski season perhaps...)

>I'd rather have the free time to do what I love. But it's also nice to stack up big time on the nest egg, so I can understand wanting to set up your future.

Ill still have free time though not nearly as much as the cush job I currently have - but this job basically has no responsibilities either and has allowed me to rack up 8000 plus posts :p Will all change from April though.

Thats what I want sunrise (get money and set up a future) and will be able to with this job. Win win situation for me. Plenty of time now to find mrs creekgirl :p

Not as much skiing (weekends will be out except for maybe 2 or so) but still get the long breaks over Spring, Summer, Winter \:\)

>You do get long holidays though, don't you? (just not in the ski season perhaps...)

Yup, plenty of time for traveling, relaxing, whatever cool.gif

Thanks everybody wave.gif

That sounds great! Teaching well-motivated schoolkids and seeing them genuinely progress has to be one of the best jobs going. You mightn't find leisure matters so much when you have lots of job satisfaction.

The sad thing is that the majority of "better" jobs this can lead to (i.e., college jobs) might give you more money and more free time but students who've slackened off in keeping with the minimal requirements made of them.

cheers Mr. Wiggs. It was great consulting with you that day as well. You gave me some sound advice and it was nice hearing your background, what youve accomplished and where youre at now. Cheers mate and will hopefully get some more lines in with you this year \:\)

Quote:
Originally posted by soubriquet:

I suggested to soubriquette, that if she really loved me, she'd buy me a new Legacy turbo. Her response: "I love you, but not that much"
What she means is "I love you more than a legacy GT turbo, here's ya WRX STI!"

got my bike last night... waiting delivery...

Im glad for you if it makes you happy. but consider the amount you have and will ski next season. You have already canceled tateyama i would think plus you have lost your ski legs for the ballzy lines. I dont think that you need fatter skis.

If you are thinking about a new set-up you should sell your old one while you can still get money for it.