>It sounds as though they need to find some drugs to cure those side effects.

and around and around we go, just like a merry-go-round. Prescribing medicine only makes us dizzier (for a majority of people - I do understand that some meds are needed) and off-sets our bodys' balance.

meds to cure a problem. then meds to cure the problem of the meds... confused.gif

PBS Frontline on Ritalin

watch this

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O11 was taking the piss.

Start with a non-existent problem. Take it to the quack's and get prescribed an addictive, mind altering drug. Then get more drugs from the quack to counter the original poison. That'll be another $50.

I'm not going to defend medical practitioners that over suscribe drugs to people, particularly kids, but these doctors are actually bowing to pressure of peoples expectations to get well quick.

People don't wont to wait 4 weeks until that nasty throat infection runs its natural course, they want to get better NOW !!!

I'm guilty of this myself. I suffer regularly from chronic sinusitis . It's almost impossible to run a business and concentrate on the tasks at hand when it feels like someone is standing on your face!

I've read all the self help books, and how to treat it in the natural way. But I just don't have the farking time that is needed to do it.

One time I battled an infection for 5 weeks ( doing it the natural way ) before I went to see a doctor, he wasn't going to prescribe any antibiotics for me. Told me it will clear up in a few weeks. I almost refused to leave his room until he coughed up a presrciption.

> I'm guilty of this myself. I suffer regularly from chronic sinusitis . It's almost impossible to run a business and concentrate on the tasks at hand when it feels like someone is standing on your face!

My friend gets that. She says acupuncture clears it up really quickly.

Yes well haven't tried that yet. It's on the list though, at the bottom. There's still a ton of drugs to try first. ;\)

That's predominately a Chinese thing right? Does it also have some origins from Japan?

"I'm not going to defend medical practitioners that over suscribe drugs to people, particularly kids, but these doctors are actually bowing to pressure of peoples expectations to get well quick.

People don't wont to wait 4 weeks until that nasty throat infection runs its natural course, they want to get better NOW !!!"

you hit the nail on the head mantas. which brings me to my initial question. are drugs a social endemic? i think it is clear that drugs per say are not, however our society's perspective on drugs, be them of the legal pharmaceutical variety or be them of the blacker market variety, is in deed flawed and in dire need of reform. in our quick fix, instant satisfaction, utopian dream society we tend to see drugs as a cure all magic potion, rather than substances that alter us with repercussions lasting much longer than the here and now.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:
> I'm guilty of this myself. I suffer regularly from chronic sinusitis . It's almost impossible to run a business and concentrate on the tasks at hand when it feels like someone is standing on your face!

My friend gets that. She says acupuncture clears it up really quickly.
someone told me for migraine sufferers like myself acupuncture is good too. Anybody have it done regularly?

It's good. It will help for sure.

If you're not in Japan go to someone who also does Chinese herbs - the combo of herbs and acupuncure is great, or one or the other depending on the issue. In Japan acupuncture and herbs got separated so the same person won't treat you for both here.