OK, so have you been at a resort thats been crowded yet this season? The times I have been I've not had to wait for a lift more than a couple of minutes, even on a Saturday.

Weekdays the slopes seem almost empty.

Saturday at Hachimantai Forest was ridiculous! I had to wait for 30 seconds behind 2 people while the guy undid his snowboard strap! Unbelievable.

Ah heck, I needed the rest anyway. Digging myself out of deep powder run after run made me a bit winded anyway ;\)

Seriously though, no crowds at all so far this season. We'll see how it is at Appi this coming Saturday though.

i've seen both crowds and empty slopes so far this year. besides long waits at the quad at 47, lift lines havent been bad at all. but there have been lots of people on the slopes at hakuba. kinda frustrating bc i feel like i'm always slowing down to avoid people- couldnt get a supergood run. i'd rather have a long wait and a empty slope than short wait/crowded slope. solved the problem last weekend at nozawa by sticking mostly off piste. not too many people there.